Car charging/docking solution?

This is a discussion on Car charging/docking solution? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; OK, so I've seen the Nexus One car dock, with the part that sticks to the window...but that's not quite what I'm looking for. What ...

Thread: Car charging/docking solution?

Car charging/docking solution?

OK, so I've seen the Nexus One car dock, with the part that sticks to the window...but that's not quite what I'm looking for.

What I'm looking for is something that plugs into my lighter, so it charges...but holds the phone upright (just above the lighter), so it's visible and accessible.

I currently have a car charger...but it annoys me, because it will only charge the phone, if it is upside down. Yeah, go figure....used to work right, doesn't anymore. Kinda want something that also holds the phone, without having to stick it to the window.

Thanks for any help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Unfortunately, I don't think a cigarette socket is strong enough to support the weight of the phone, but the OEM car dock comes with an adhesive disc you stick to anywhere you'd like to mount the phone, and the dock sticks to it, thus solving the window problem. Hope it helps and good luck!

ProFit Mounts make some pretty cool brackets, designed to hold all sorts of devices by a bracket that installs in the car...usually around the center console.

This is their website....take a look around.

Pro.Fit International - Vehicle mounting solution for mobile electronics

I had a cigarette socket charger / holder / fm tuner for my iPhone, so I know it is possible. In fact, I just found this:

Arkon Cigarette Lighter Socket Car Mount Holder w/ micro USB Charger SM421-MICRO

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    I had a cigarette socket charger / holder / fm tuner for my iPhone, so I know it is possible. In fact, I just found this:

Arkon Cigarette Lighter Socket Car Mount Holder w/ micro USB Charger SM421-MICRO
    Wow, I haven't been back here in a few days. This looks exactly like what I was thinking of. I know I'm smart...but surely someone had to have the idea before me.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm gonna get the lighter socket mount....I'm not a fan of messing with things or having to block my AC vent with my phone. (I sweat and live in CA....I need the AC).

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post

I bought this, and it's pretty slick. Looks great, doesn't block my AC vents, and is fairly sturdy (within reason). Thanks again for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by hazzazi View Post
    ok,thanks for your advice!

I'm looking for one too. I have bluetooth so I don't need a speaker I just need something to charge my phone and hold it sideways for GPS. This looks quite nice:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-System-Transmitter-Charger-ANDROID/dp/B002UKTABI/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3365ENX01EIPD&colid =Z8GPE8HUD9AX]Amazon.com: Advanced Car Mount System FM Transmitter & Charger for ANDROID Phones - HTC, Google, T-Mobile, Motorola, Samsung: Electronics: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links