Desktop Dock Not Charging

This is a discussion on Desktop Dock Not Charging within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Anyone else having trouble with the desktop dock not charging the N1? I usually charge it every night in the dock. Lately, I've had a ...

Thread: Desktop Dock Not Charging

Unhappy Desktop Dock Not Charging

Anyone else having trouble with the desktop dock not charging the N1? I usually charge it every night in the dock. Lately, I've had a really tough time getting it to connect. Do the contacts need to be cleaned?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You could use a Qtip and rubbing alcohol on the contacts. I haven't had a problem like that but sometimes I need to nudge the bottom of the N1 a little to make sure it's seated properly.

Oh, and be safe and unplug the dock before cleaning it. You won't get a shock but you don't want to short it out and fry something. Let the alcohol have a minute to evaporate.

Thanks I'll give that a try. So, the rubbing alcohol won't damage the surface of the N1 or the dock?

No, it should not do any harm. I use it all the time to clean plastic surfaces. My son needed to remove sticker grime from his black hockey helmet and it worked beautifully. My old SE w810i cell phone used to get dirty on the contacts and wouldn't charge very well either and this trick worked wonders. I guess I didn't specifically mention it but the phone is more likely the culprit with hands touching it and those little pads getting dirty. The dock can be cleaned too but I wouldn't think it to be as dirty.

Thanks, I tried the rubbing alcohol but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. I guess I can try a tester on the docks contacts.

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    While travelling back and forth my dock must have hit a few bumps, mine dint charge too well either, have to adjust the N1 before it would charge which was annoying.

I only noticed later on that the two plastic bits that make up the charger were splitting, but i hadent noticed it before because it was all black.

I just snapped it back into place and it works fine now. Just check yours, for any openings in the casing.

Thanks, I had high hopes that was it. But just checked, it is together the way it should be. I'm either going to have to figure out some finicky way to set it in or take advantage of the warranty.

Do you have a voltmeter? You can probe the two dock pins that are close together and you'll get 5.0 - 5.2 V

Yes, just checked, it's delivering between 5.1 and 5.2 v.

While testing I noticed that the pins depress. Maybe I'm just having a tough time getting the pins aligned.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links