Griffin HandsFree Mic + AUX Cable

This is a discussion on Griffin HandsFree Mic + AUX Cable within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Griffin Technology: HandsFree Mic + AUX Cable - Connect and talk handsfree Anybody have anything like this for your car? I'm looking to get one ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Griffin HandsFree Mic + AUX Cable

Griffin HandsFree Mic + AUX Cable

Griffin Technology: HandsFree Mic + AUX Cable - Connect and talk handsfree

Anybody have anything like this for your car? I'm looking to get one kind of like this, but was wanting to hide the microphone closer to the sun visor and have my phone down lower. My Aux port on my car is kind of hidden and I don't think it would pick up my voice any better than the phone itself would setting on my leg. Doesn't have to have any buttons on the cable.

Basically I'm looking to put my phone in this:

Arkon Cigarette Lighter Socket Car Mount Holder w/ micro USB Charger SM421-MICRO

Then have a microphone up higher with it going into the phone and then also play out my car speakers. Almost sounds like I'm going to have to make my own... Wonder if Radio Shack has all the parts I need. Any thoughts?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Why not just get a Female to Male 3.5mm extension cable like this one: 3.5mm extension cable or just get the Blueant S4 which I have and it is absolutely the best phone accessory I have ever purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by dilagable View Post
    Why not just get a Female to Male 3.5mm extension cable like this one: 3.5mm extension cable or just get the Blueant S4 which I have and it is absolutely the best phone accessory I have ever purchased.
    Yeah after searching around and thinking about it, going the Bluetooth route would be the better option. Less hassle with cables and stuff. Then I was thinking that I need a better radio for my car... So now I'm looking into getting a radio with Bluetooth built in. Been looking at the Pioneer AVH-P3200BT.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P3200BT-Dash-Multimedia-Receiver/dp/B00385I7TU]Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-P3200BT In-Dash DVD Multimedia AV Receiver: Electronics[/ame]

Talking

actually you dont need a new radio, i found a good solution for on the go also:
    The Motorola MOTOROKR T505 MOTOROKR T505 - Motorola

it cost only around 60 USD/50 EUD. it has Bluetooth, FM transmitter, auto-station scanner with verbal/voice announcement (it will scan for least interfering frequency and tell you verbally to which frequency you turn your car radio to). inbuilt speaker (very loud actually) visor clip AND *drumroll* internal battery. charged via standard mini-B USB-plug/-jack. you can also remote-control your NexusOne's stock musicplayer with it, and make phone calls with/through it, with announcing phone # if incoming caller.

what i like the most on it, is the ability to put it in your pocket (smaller than a package of cigarettes), and have ANY radio turned into a speaker system for your NexusOne.

The only thing with this is that if he gets the radio he gets to keep the radio stereo and if there is any one in that back seat they will still here the radio with the windows down like they alertly do. With this the radio becomes mono and you lose the speakers in that back and passengers side. If he is trying to save money then ya this is a great idea but in my opinion if he has the money then I would get the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    The only thing with this is that if he gets the radio he gets to keep the radio stereo and if there is any one in that back seat they will still here the radio with the windows down like they alertly do. With this the radio becomes mono and you lose the speakers in that back and passengers side. If he is trying to save money then ya this is a great idea but in my opinion if he has the money then I would get the radio.
    Huh? not sure where you're getting this from, but the Motorola T505 unit *IS* broad casting into FM stereo, UNLESS you dont utilize is (i.e. using the T505 as a "outdoor beach-radio/-speaker" kind of device for your smartphone.

Otherwise, in NORMAL operation mode, it works like this:
    - link it with your smartphone (once)
    - turn it on (power on)
    - push 'FM Radio' button at the bottom/back, T505 now scans entire FM spectrum for a frequency that will have the weakest signal-interference (takes about 1-2 seconds), will announce twice the FM-radio frequency verbally by voice the T505 will be broadcasting on (i.e. "103-point-7")
    - tune your radio to the by T505 announced frequency
    - hit play either on your smartphones musicplayer, or hit PLAY button on the T505 front-bezel
    - listen to your smartphone's playing music IN STEREO over your car stereo's sound-/speaker-system.

### if you get into an area where your used frequency is being occupied by a strong FM-signal (i.e. regular radio station) and interferes/over-powers the T505's signal broadcast, just tab the FM-radio button on the back again, and the T505 scans again for a new 'least interfering'frequency and will verbally announce twice the new frequency.

in short:
    PHONE ->- bluetooth ->- T505 ->- FM-Stereo ->- car-radio/car-stereo

YES the T505 has its own little mono-speaker on top, which is useful if you use the T505 as little "beach-radio speaker" for your smartphone, or just as a hands-free device for your smartphone while listen to your car-stereo regular (CD/radio). What i like on the T505 is, that it has it's own inbuilt (USB charged) battery that lasts around 15-20 hours playing music, so there's no cable-mess to deal with, and it's a nice "conversion-bridge" from bluetooth tech to FM-radio tech.

word of advice for the audiophiles: stereo FM radio has a technical issue, when you have music that has emphasis on bass/drums (i.e. 32+bit processed digital synthesis/sampling at production) it has the tendencies to 'drown out' somewhat the finer details in the high audio frequency ranges - which is why i use also the BACKBEAT 903 by ALTEC LANSING http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...s/backbeat-903 when i am alone in my car :D

Sorry but I don`t understand how he is suppose to sinc his T505 with his car radio cause if his car radio doesn`t have Bluetooth then how do you want to make it play through the car radio. BTW sorry if I was wrong when I said it would not work I had not done any research yet (still havenít that is why I am asking you) but without Bluetooth I don`t know how this could work.

Sorry but I don`t understand how he is suppose to sinc his T505 with his car radio cause if his car radio doesn`t have Bluetooth then how do you want to make it play through the car radio. BTW sorry if I was wrong when I said it would not work I had not done any research yet (still havenít that is why I am asking you) but without Bluetooth I don`t know how this could work.
    okay, i try to explain it for you better;

the Motorola T505 device, has BOTH a bluetooth v2.0 unit AND a FM-radio 'broadcasting' module, that broadcasts in rather low-power (but enough to 'over-cast' in your car, any other radio station) to your actual car-stereo's FM-receiver.

think of it like a micro FM-radio-station.

The T505 gets the audio-stream from your phone via Bluetooth, and via bluetooth does it talk back to your phone when you use it as a handsfree device for your phone. The T505 now "converts" the audio, and TRANSMITS it as FM-radio broadcast,, into your standard car-stereo's FM-receiver, which from then you can hear it over your car-stereo's speakers.

That Motorola adapter looks pretty cool. Still stuck in the air on what exactly I want to do... But I now have some good options, thanks! I also came across this little do dad.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-System-Transmitter-Charger-ANDROID/dp/B002UKTABI/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3365ENX01EIPD&colid =Z8GPE8HUD9AX?tag=citofgamonlco-20]Amazon.com: Advanced Car Mount System FM Transmitter & Charger for ANDROID Phones - HTC, Google, T-Mobile, Motorola, Samsung: Electronics: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

Somebody else posted it yesterday on a different post. It'll hold the phone and charge it, AND it also has the FM tuner built into it! Although it doesn't have a microphone... so I would just be back to where I am now to where I can plug my phone into the aux port but have the microphone too far away. So the Bluetooth option is still in the lead!

Quote Originally Posted by atlana View Post
    okay, i try to explain it for you better;

the Motorola T505 device, has BOTH a bluetooth v2.0 unit AND a FM-radio 'broadcasting' module, that broadcasts in rather low-power (but enough to 'over-cast' in your car, any other radio station) to your actual car-stereo's FM-receiver.

think of it like a micro FM-radio-station.

The T505 gets the audio-stream from your phone via Bluetooth, and via bluetooth does it talk back to your phone when you use it as a handsfree device for your phone. The T505 now "converts" the audio, and TRANSMITS it as FM-radio broadcast,, into your standard car-stereo's FM-receiver, which from then you can hear it over your car-stereo's speakers.

Thanks for the explanation and wow that is really a pretty cool system I might think of getting one for my dad in his car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links