SD Card recommendations?

This is a discussion on SD Card recommendations? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm looking for an 8, 16, or 32gb card that will be reliable and fast. Any recommendations?...

Thread: SD Card recommendations?

SD Card recommendations?

I'm looking for an 8, 16, or 32gb card that will be reliable and fast. Any recommendations?
    Nexus One
    Amon_RA recovery v2.2.1
    CM 7 Nightly
    Radio 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I bought A-Data 16gb class 6 from tigerdirect dot com. Since Sept 9 so far so good no complaints.

Amon 2.0.0
    Current: [ROM] MIUI 12.3

So aseems recommends a class 2, which is what came with the phone. It seems to work just fine even with apps stored on SD. Playing videos is fine as well. So why would a class 6 be necessary? It's an honest question - not trying to start an argument.

I want a larger card but haven't bought one yet because I don't know if I really need a class 6.

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    So aseems recommends a class 2, which is what came with the phone. It seems to work just fine even with apps stored on SD. Playing videos is fine as well. So why would a class 6 be necessary? It's an honest question - not trying to start an argument.

I want a larger card but haven't bought one yet because I don't know if I really need a class 6.
    Class rating for SD cards is about "guaranteed write speed". It's not some general overall speed rating.

Therefore, it only makes a major difference when you're copying data TO the card. Read speeds for all SD's is really fast, though it will vary among various cards.

I have a 16GB class 2 card and it works quite well.

Agreed, i use the same as goggles and i have had no problems at all EXCEPT when sending very large files over the phone via cable i sometimes get sync failures but that's with 10Gb + files
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

+1 on the A-Data 16gb class 6

zero issues

I regularly back it up to my pc and restore it if needed

fast and zero issues

My GOOD FRIEND aseems is hesitant to try new things ie root, so probably doesn't want to gamble on a bigger card if all is OK

assems

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

The only A-Data card currently showing up for me on TigerDirect is a class 2.

But the class 6's that are there are twice the price of the class 2. So if you really need/want the speed, pay up. Otherwise, the class 2 cards are cheaper and work just fine (though a little slow to put the data on them).

I don't often copy large files TO the device, so I go cheap.

Sandisk is the best imho

I'm waiting for the 32GB Sandisk > One purchase forever> like my N1

If it were ANY Other Phone... I would have DEFINITELY Rooted... But this is the ONE (& Only) GOOGLE phone...

with pure pristine STOCK Android (hope i don't sound like a Tech Nazi?)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links