Sony Ericsson Liveview Watch :)

This is a discussion on Sony Ericsson Liveview Watch :) within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi! I was planning to buy a watch for myself later in the year. But I noticed I have a habit of taking out my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony Ericsson Liveview Watch :)

Sony Ericsson Liveview Watch :)

Hi!

I was planning to buy a watch for myself later in the year. But I noticed I have a habit of taking out my phone for the time and this usually means I'll get side tracked and do something else on the phone as well. I even take my phone out for the time when I'm actually wearing a watch :S

So then I stumbled upon this today (yea its old news... but I can't seem to find a thread on this)

Let’s all buy Sony Ericsson’s LiveView smartwatch, so they make a better one next year – Android and Me

It does say it will work for other phones besides the X10 range Since this doubles as a notification watch, i think I would actually consider buying one! Its not a touch screen, but it does seem to be good enough as is.

Who's interested? And why wasn't this an official Nexus accessory?! It would look much sleeker and professional in the nexus body colour!
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just tested a demo version, This thing is a work of art and i pre ordered as soon as i got home :P in fact i think i am going to get two, one for my bag when moving around on foot and one for my motorcycle Dash for when riding about haha what do people think? It was released officially yesterday and now available to order although my source (play) have it available for pre-order and releasing on 29th November
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    Just tested a demo version, This thing is a work of art and i pre ordered as soon as i got home :P in fact i think i am going to get two, one for my bag when moving around on foot and one for my motorcycle Dash for when riding about haha what do people think? It was released officially yesterday and now available to order although my source (play) have it available for pre-order and releasing on 29th November
    Awww, Wish I got to play with a demo! But seeing that I'm in Australia, I won't be able to see this in real life for a longggggg time. It is on the Australian SE website as coming soon though

I will be travelling overseas to Hong Kong later in the year, hopefully they will have it by the time I get there... otherwise I'll have to buy it online.

I think they are well worth the money I was considering buying a watch... this would make an awesome watch!! It would be cool if it came in other colours :D
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

It is indeed awesome, i have two on pre order now from Play, I was told by the same person that gave me the demo version that some "snap on skins" where in the works in a few different colours but to be honest i love the black look cant wait
    NEXUS ONE

NOTION INK ADAM
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    It is indeed awesome, i have two on pre order now from Play, I was told by the same person that gave me the demo version that some "snap on skins" where in the works in a few different colours but to be honest i love the black look cant wait
    Ouu snap on skips :D Reminds me of those nokia phones :rofl3:. Yea, if it remains as plastic, black would be the best colour to go. Unless they make a nice metal version like their previous bluetooth watches, which i doubt they would. The old metal bluetooth watches they have look great, but the liveview has more functionality

So excited Please let me know what its like when you get it :D

i will, i will upload some pics and vids to this thread when it arrives cant wait now you have got me all excited haha
    NEXUS ONE

NOTION INK ADAM
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

:D Thanks...

I'm excited too. We can both wait for the day!!

Just to update this thread on my experiences with the LiveView.

This this is fantastic in my eyes (when it works) and it has replaced my watch in most occasions. The unit itself comes in a tiny box with both a Holster clip for wallets, belts and watches and a watch strap attachment for using it as a watch. The device requires the LiveView app available free in the market and i have found for best initial connection you must set your device to discoverable as its not just the phone talking to the device but both ways. Once installed and connected you can customise the units tiles, these tiles consist of;

* Text Messaging
    * Incoming Calls
    * Missed Calls
    * Facebook
    * Twitter
    * RSS Feeds
    * Calander
    * Third Party Plugins

These third party plugins although limited are very handy, i have all of the available ones installed including;

* Contacts plugin allowing you to browse and call from the unit
    * Gmail plugin for reading your albeit small emails
    * PowerAmp plugin for controlling Poweramp if installed
    * Mode plugin for changing phones profile (silent, outdoors, loud)
    * Twitcon......I have no idea what this does but it has something to do with twitter

Once this is all set up the phone will page the unit with updates, in my case i get everything through the LiveView and i love it all new events are stored in the Events tab of the unit and the unit itself vibrates whenever something new is received. All in all i love this little thing

------The Problem bits------

The unit has some connection issues that stop it from being connected all the time, i have found that if i try and look at old items it will page the phone and loose connection and its a right bugger to re-establish said connection manually, i have found that leaving the device alone for a few minutes usually kicks it back into working order.....well apart from that the unit is pretty good i would like better battery life but getting a day out of it is pretty good since my current ROM only lasts a day too

Anywho i doubt anyone will be interested other than FC1032 but its worth a quick review to show it works well with the N1 and a few different roms.
    NEXUS ONE

NOTION INK ADAM
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Thanks for the quick review Nobby!

I still haven't seen a demo yet, but like youve said, many have been experiencing the same connection problems.

I've read (on engadget I think) that Sony Ericsson has heard a lot of complaints and will release an update in the future ti fix the problem

I'll wait for it to arrive in Australia to buy!

Thanks again Nobby

Hey FC1032 long time no see, Just read your blog on getting Android working on a tablet, i am going to try and get it running on my HTC Shift although i doubt the hardware will be able to handle it do you have any information on how to get the desktop version running on a PC? i would love to dual boot 64bit Windows 7 and Android on my alienware

I take for-granted living in the UK how much tech we get early or just on time haha this must be how the N1 felt during its reign on top getting everything first :P
    NEXUS ONE

NOTION INK ADAM
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads