Nexus One stock charging dock?

This is a discussion on Nexus One stock charging dock? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by gonzo13 They don't ship to Canada. I had to get mine (BNIB) off eBay. Ended up being about $75CAD after shipping. ouch, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus One stock charging dock?

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo13 View Post
    They don't ship to Canada.
    I had to get mine (BNIB) off eBay.
    Ended up being about $75CAD after shipping.
    ouch, if CAN$75 seems not worth?! It just a dock with charging...

Please join Dropbox here: Register :nexusx:

Alternative dock

Have any of you tried this dock?
    DealExtreme: $18.52 USB/AC Battery Charging Dock for Google Nexus One
    And how did you like it?

I fear that it will crash the USB-input because the N1 will tilt that much!

I have the stock oem charging dock and have found that I would have liked if it actually used the usb port to charge instead of the 4 pins on the bottom. Reason being, the 4 pins charge when they come in contact with the dock, but nothing holds the phone in place.

I have found that while using the phone in the dock to check a txt or email, it is not stable as it is sitting on top of the connectors. If it actually had a usb connect, at least it would be a lot more stable.

I have seen a few after market docks that use the usb connect to charge, but the drawback there is that the screen doesn't go to the clock screen automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by wingod View Post
    . For those who have it, do you think it is worth?
    I use mine all day. Have it on my work desk wired into my 7.1 Onkyo stereo. I love it. I use all the features except maybe the the gallery slide show.

I also have a second doc on my bedstand and use the N1 as a clock/alarm.

Worth it? I thought it was pricey at first, but after you've spent the money and forget about the price, it's all good.

I've never had a problem with it not being stable as SEVEN40iL mentioned. I just learned how to tap when doc'd.

I don't think I'd like it to connect to the doc via USB. I connect the N1 to my car's stereo via USB every day (to play MP3 and for NAV) and fear that the USB jack will eventually become loose with over use.

It's worth every bit of $60. The bluetooth feature alone makes it worth it. When I set up the BBQ in the back yard I just open the upstairs windows, move the dock and speakers into it, connect to bluetooth and take my phone out back to use as a remote control for my tunes! It's awesome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links