usb charger cable question

This is a discussion on usb charger cable question within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; i hope this has not been posted already, i searched but did not find it, but if it a repeat, i apologize in advance. I ...

Thread: usb charger cable question

usb charger cable question

i hope this has not been posted already, i searched but did not find it, but if it a repeat, i apologize in advance.

I am thinking about buying a few additional usb cables to keep handy in my laptop bag and various places, since i have a habit of... misplacing cables, then finding a dozen at a time.

i read somewhere that some of the cables do not work to sync / charge to computers, that only certain cables would work. is that true? what type of cable do i need to make sure to get? i also think i read that if it went thru a hub that may cause a problem if the hub was not powered, but honestly was not worried about that, so i skimmed past that, since the cable would be plugged directly into the computer.

thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I bought a couple of the cheapest micro-USB cables that Monoprice sells, and they work great, no matter what they're plugged into. I'll admit that I never plug any data carrying peripheral into a hub...only gizmos that need power.

In fact, I use the wall charger with those cables more often than I plug into the computer, and that works fine, too. Charges either way, just faster on AC.

great! i am planning on the usb route for additional cables because i have 2 AC chargers, and i figured they wouldn't charge as fast, in a pinch they could keep me going if i was out longer than planned, and often if i am out and about, there is often easier access to a usb port than crawling around trying to find an open ac plug in.

Most of my recharging can be done at home, in a Siedio dock on my desk. But, I just got a Zaggsparq for my birthday, so I now have a good mobile solution using USB.

The Seidio dock, btw, sychs/charges or just charges, depending on what you have the USB plugged into. It uses a regular USB on one end, and a mini on the other. Mini USB is often easier to find laying around .

The only times I plug directly into micro-USB on the phone are when I'm charging from or tethering to my laptop, or on my nightstand...where it sits sideways on a MIKRADLE.

i didn't realize there were so many accessories for the nexus one - i have only had it for about a day - the dock will be a great gadget to get. thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by rehab6 View Post
    i hope this has not been posted already, i searched but did not find it, but if it a repeat, i apologize in advance.

I am thinking about buying a few additional usb cables to keep handy in my laptop bag and various places, since i have a habit of... misplacing cables, then finding a dozen at a time.

i read somewhere that some of the cables do not work to sync / charge to computers, that only certain cables would work. is that true? what type of cable do i need to make sure to get? i also think i read that if it went thru a hub that may cause a problem if the hub was not powered, but honestly was not worried about that, so i skimmed past that, since the cable would be plugged directly into the computer.

thanks
    Hey dear member, always use the good accessories for the cell phones and laptop's. We buy expensive's item's from the market than why we can't buy the good accessories for them... and keep in safe place for not to skip out... Cheep accessories are harmful to the cell's and laptop due to low quality...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links