[Help!] Helmet Handsfree Wiring

This is a discussion on [Help!] Helmet Handsfree Wiring within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, I hope someone can provide an insight. Please take a look (click) at this picture: Both ends are 4-tip male plug connected to Nexus ...

Thread: [Help!] Helmet Handsfree Wiring

[Help!] Helmet Handsfree Wiring

Hello,

I hope someone can provide an insight.

Please take a look (click) at this picture:

Both ends are 4-tip male plug connected to Nexus One and Nolan N-Com Basic Kit.

• If the cables are just separated like that, the sound is weird, low, and ugly.
    • If I short Green-Yellow or Blue-Yellow, the sound's pretty OK, loud enough, but still a bit weird like either left/right channel is gone/low although both of the speakers works.
    • If I short Green and Blue, it'll be dead (no sound).

Every other combination will play/pause/ffw/rew songs, or to take/hangup calls (still unsure)

My question is: What to do to fix the red-colored problem above?

Thanks!

ps: You can take a look here for a longer version of this question. I make this one short as the longer one seems a bit confusing.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Patially off topic

I am not sure if I can help you here, you should check this out, it bring light to the N! 3.5mm wiring.

Patching into Android music control - Hack a Day

I highly recomend this: Bluetooth Stereo Headset and Intercom for Motorcycles - SMH10

I bought a pair, one for my friend and one for me ~$300 for both. For communicating, and just listing to music and taking calls, it works great! I don't see my friend much anymore, but use it daily during my commute. I have had the smh10 for as long as I have owned my N1, they work flawlessly together. If anything where to happed to the one I have, I would replace it immediately without a thought.

Be careful with the charger. Unclip the radio from the helmet to charge. So not to walk off with the helmet while it is plugged into the charger. Luckly my friend is _really_ good with a soldering iron. Battery life is great, I have never had a problem.

Hi,

Thanks for the info!

It doesn't show a microphone line, and also in my case both ends are "TRRS plug" (just got this from the blog), but I can see a few more possibilities to test out from that diagram.

Looks like the microphone cable needs to be left open (with a switch) and need to use some resistors as well.

I can also ask the blog writer, looks like he knows what he's doing.

--

About SMH10, it does looks like a good option.

The advantage of N-COM is that it is fitted nicely into the helmet. It doesn't feel right to use something like SMH when the helmet is N-COM ready. :D

Take a look at this "bluetooth kit" (I only have the basic kit, with cables, but still fits more nicely than SMH):

The bluetooth kit costs $535 in here, which still need a basic kit and a helmet

I'm now actually also thinking to sell this helmet and get a new (better) one that can use a good comm systems other than N-COM, but for now I'll have to live with it (and create my own cable).

No mic wire

It would seem to me that the 'function' wire doubles up as a mic. There are only 4 wires. The wiring is the same as the iphone wiring. However, compatibility between the iphone and nexus/other android devices are rare. They must be sending the signal differently i.e. different ohm resistors, and software changes. But basic left, right, ground and mic/signal are the same.

Sponsored Links