Need the lowdown on Battery Replacement

This is a discussion on Need the lowdown on Battery Replacement within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by YeahItsMe Private message me, and I'll get you taken care of! @YeahItsMe Batteries arrived. Thanks for hooking me up. BTW, any recommendation ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need the lowdown on Battery Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by YeahItsMe View Post
    Private message me, and I'll get you taken care of!
    @YeahItsMe Batteries arrived. Thanks for hooking me up. BTW, any recommendation on properly charging the new battery to get optimal life out of it?

Is it possible to still get the oem batteries or is an aftermarket one the only solution. I'm out of warranty as well and my battery is just not lasting as long as it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Is it possible to still get the oem batteries or is an aftermarket one the only solution.
    I'm on the same boat and all the batteries I've seen online (google shopping, ebay, amazon etc) are fakes.

Any way we can purchase authentic OEM batteries?

bump++++bump

i suggest getting the stock battery, or going with an aftermarket thru seido or mugen. yes there are cheaper knockoffs, but they dont always work well.

the link in my sig is a project we did for nexus one batterys where we were able to crack open the chip inside your batt and re-programm it for increased capacity. This let us test every battery we could get our hands on. the cheap batterys have the chip inside that is "locked" and doesnt work right. the better batteries have the fully working chip.

gcb
    i got the HUGE seidio one.

i love the battery life. but the bulk and the cheap case... NO!

you can't use any accessory (docks, cover).

one single fall (since you can't use a cover now) and the backplate cracked.

i emailed seidio to buy a dozen back covers... a guy replied he could sell two for ~$16 each + shipping.

i still carry the cracked seidio cover and the always charged battery in my backpack for a life-and-death emergency, but i dread having to use it.

One thing that saved me lots of worries about battery, was fixing my car charger. most car chargers are crippled because of apple manipulation of 'standards'. basically, for anything to be apple compatible, it has to charge other phones as USB instead of AC... after you fix your car charger, battery lasts the whole day with that intermediary charge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links