Need the lowdown on Battery Replacement

This is a discussion on Need the lowdown on Battery Replacement within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have an unrooted N1 with latest 2.3.4. Device is a year old and I believe my battery is getting tired. In spite of various ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need the lowdown on Battery Replacement

Need the lowdown on Battery Replacement

I have an unrooted N1 with latest 2.3.4. Device is a year old and I believe my battery is getting tired. In spite of various battery life techniques and apps, many days it doesn't last through the day, and have it die at inopportune moments. I need to come up with a battery strategy. I googled on this and it's pretty inconclusive. I'm open to buying a direct replacement battery, an OEM flavor of some sort, an extended life battery, or one of the expensive 3200mh batteries that require a replacement cover.

I'm also open to rooting the device if that would allow me to regulate the battery better.

I'm looking for practical advice.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

if your still under warranty, you can ask htc for a replacement at no charge. Thats what I did.

Thanks... good idea, but warranty is finished. I need another solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendoori View Post
    Thanks... good idea, but warranty is finished. I need another solution.
    Did you look at all?

seidioonline.com

I am aware of the Seido and Mugen products, just want someone who has a solution that's worked well for them for a while to qualify it saying... "I have one of those, and it works great..."

People have complained about the battery cover on the Seido 3200 mAh, and have also remarked that the 1600 mAh extended is not worth the money...

Do you have experience with these?

Quote Originally Posted by Kendoori View Post
    I am aware of the Seido and Mugen products, just want someone who has a solution that's worked well for them for a while to qualify it saying... "I have one of those, and it works great..."

People have complained about the battery cover on the Seido 3200 mAh, and have also remarked that the 1600 mAh extended is not worth the money...

Do you have experience with these?
    I've hear people that like them both. They are not cheap, but that's kind of how it is with quality products.

I actually bought two batteries when I bought the phone. I have not had any problems with either. I switch them out every month or two.

Give us a call, we'll send you a battery.

I bought a Seidio battery. They work great.

Quote Originally Posted by YeahItsMe View Post
    Give us a call, we'll send you a battery.
    @YeaItsMe I called HTC, but the support engineer said nope on the free battery replacement as I'm on the wrong side of the 12 month warranty. I did plead my case, but he wasn't moving on this.

Private message me, and I'll get you taken care of!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links