32GB MicroSd card???

This is a discussion on 32GB MicroSd card??? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I recently upgraded from the 4GB card that shipped with the phone to a 16GB sandisk card, and I do notice the slowdown, but not ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 32GB MicroSd card???

16 GB card in my nexus

I recently upgraded from the 4GB card that shipped with the phone to a 16GB sandisk card, and I do notice the slowdown, but not in regular functionality. The phone still operates as fast and fluidly as ever. The only things that slow down are functions that directly interact with the SD card. Expect that when you upgrade to a larger card (16 or 32GB) that you will experience a longer waiting time between restarting your phone and being able to access the gallery since it will have to scan the entire card and come up with thumbnails according to the images/videos that are present.

This is true with any computer system where you introduce more storage space with more data on it.

Shipping Details : NatechGadgets
    Order #:
    105-5038354-9928260
    Shipping Method:
    Expedited Shipping
    Shipping Preference:
    Group my items into as few shipments as possible
    Subtotal of Items:
    $109.99
    Shipping & Handling:
    $7.48

------
    Total for this Order:
    $117.47

Delivery estimate: January 7, 2011 - January 14, 2011
    Shipping estimate for these items: January 5, 2011 - January 6, 2011
    "Patriot Signature 32 GB Class 10 MicroSDHC Flash Memory Card PSF32GMCSDHC10"
    Electronics; $109.99

Sold by: NatechGadgets

Above is a Class 10 so it should really be pretty darn fast. I ordered mine from a company called NatechGadgets which is associated with Amazon. Shipped today and will have it tomorrow or Friday NewEgg had me on a notify list. Yesterday they had in stock. As soon as I hit submit my Credit card info, it was out of stock. For this reason I cannot recommend NewEgg anymore. They only ordered 5 of these if you can believe that. This was told to me by their customer service. I called Patriot memory in Calif. and they said more and more will be available basically as they ramp up production. As to failures after a few months....This chip is brand new. You can't state a failure rate on a product that has not been out. It's got a 5 year warranty so I'll take my chances. I watch a fair amount of video as well as play a ton of flac files so space does get used up. Anyways, the sales guy at Patriot mentioned this new company they are shipping too. I ordered and they are sending. Happy camper here. And I am replacing a 16Gb class6 card.

Wower. Be great to see spec reviews real time test comparisons. Seems like $30 plus price difference just for software on the chip is a bit too much. Appreciate the info.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links