NexusOne Dock?

This is a discussion on NexusOne Dock? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Anyone find some good after market docs?...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NexusOne Dock?

Anyone find some good after market docs?

Desktop Dock has arrived.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HsG4xCVb2s[/ame]

I can not really tell but that kind of looks like it has some wiggle room to fit a case, but I really cant tell, it seems like the sides are a lot smaller than I thought, it almost looks like it is standing "in front of " the sides? Does anyone else know what I am talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by tech View Post
    Anyone find some good after market docs?
    seidio makes a dock as well, but I don't know if it has a audio jack in the back.

I am going to add a MIKRADLE for this phone to our lineup also. I have been welcomed aboard as a Supporting Vendor and as such will be advertising soon. I've requested a "sample" for specs to manufacture the MIKRADLE. Who's taking odds on them sending my company one for free?

Got mine today...slightly underwhelmed...
    Rooted Nexus One

This might seem like a dumb question...I know I feel less that smart right now thinking about it.

Anyways, has anyone found a way to change/update your settings for audio output when the phone is connected to the HTC dock? I can't find anything in the settings menu for the phone, or the clock, that will allow the update. I saw the screen that said "save my settings" when I initially set it up, but I did not take that to mean I could only choose how to listen to my music when docked once...

On a side note I also do not see the dock as a bluetooth device as has been pointed out on a few sites. I'm not really sure what I'm missing here. Maybe I'm just burnt out from work today. Any insight is appreciated.

-poptart

Quote Originally Posted by Allhailpoptart View Post
    This might seem like a dumb question...I know I feel less that smart right now thinking about it.

Anyways, has anyone found a way to change/update your settings for audio output when the phone is connected to the HTC dock? I can't find anything in the settings menu for the phone, or the clock, that will allow the update. I saw the screen that said "save my settings" when I initially set it up, but I did not take that to mean I could only choose how to listen to my music when docked once...

On a side note I also do not see the dock as a bluetooth device as has been pointed out on a few sites. I'm not really sure what I'm missing here. Maybe I'm just burnt out from work today. Any insight is appreciated.

-poptart

Found my problem. There is an option in the "sounds and display" section called "dock audio" that only appears when the phone is docked. Why? Who knows, but it made sense to someone. In there you can get back to the one and only screen that allows you to choose your dock settings.

*Edit* The ONLY way to get the phone to notice the dock as a bluetooth device is to click okay to this setting so the initial pairing can be completed. If you do not you will have to enable the option through the settings screen like I did before the phone will know the dock exists as anything more than a charger. Once the initial pairing is done you can change the setting back from the "dock audio" option when the phone is docked and still pair through bluetooth to it.

Hopefully this helps at least one other lost soul.
    -poptart

Anyone know how to get the dock to stay paired when you take it off? Mine plays music over bluetooth while the phone is on the dock, but stops playing and unpairs itself when I lift the phone up...

Quote Originally Posted by commandercup View Post
    Anyone know how to get the dock to stay paired when you take it off? Mine plays music over bluetooth while the phone is on the dock, but stops playing and unpairs itself when I lift the phone up...
    As far as I know the only way to make this situation work is to follow the setup to pair the phone with the dock first by setting it in and choosing "yes" to use bluetooth to play media. Then you need to explicitly pair the phone with the dock each time via bluetooth if you want to be able to remove the phone and still have the connection.

As it stands the phone creates a bluetooth connection with the dock automatically each time they are connected. This is lost once they are separated, obviously. The only want to get around it is to make a connection explicitly that is not dependent on the phone being docked.

-poptart

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links