Nexus One Screen Protectors

This is a discussion on Nexus One Screen Protectors within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by stephen293 After getting some two really fine scratches on my phone I decided that indeed the screen was scratch-resistant not scratch proof. ...

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Screen Protectors

Quote Originally Posted by stephen293 View Post
    After getting some two really fine scratches on my phone I decided that indeed the screen was scratch-resistant not scratch proof. I got the boxwave crystal screen protector. No water needed and the protector is reusable. I love it! Can't even tell there is a screen protector on. Def worth the price. PS NO I don't work for Boxwave.
    Bummer about the scratches. I see that I was right to get and install my Boxwave protectors early! :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Origin Gadgets Screen Protector, is a bit false advertised. I would not recommend it, I already scratched the screen protector with my finger nail, for testing purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamseel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zukbang View Post
    other options would be clearfreak.com
    I just ordered my protector for $11 shipped. with 30% off coupon.

never tried clearfreak.com but couldn't wait for Zagg
    is zagg really worth it though?
    i bought the zagg full shield, what a big mistake there are some many pieces to stick on, and in the end it wont even fully protect the n1, and it makes the screen look terrible. what a waste of money.

stay clear from ZAGG/invisishield!

in all seriousness guys...are all the name brand screen protectors really worth it? 9.99-15 bucks for 1 or 2 pieces? tell me the REAL difference between ZAGG, ioskin, etc. from the 4-5 pieces i purchased on ebay for 5 bucks shipping included.

Has anyone gotten the bodyguardz yet? I have read positive things about it from iphone users but in this thread people are only saying they ordered one.

Also, is the full guard worth it or is the screen protector enough?

I can't get the free shipping to work either... it says on the page it will be free but when u go to google checkout the only option is the $10 one.

Any comments before I order would be great... after going through 30 different screen protectors on my iphone I would like to get it right the first time around on this... and hopefully before I scratch the screen!

It's not difficult to search on the internet, but if you want, I would like to recommend PDair, A online store which I always visit, and they provide free shipping to buyers, so don't worry about the extra cost will be add on it.

on my droid my zaag is the only thing id ever put on. with power off to the screen it looks like its dirty but power on its not noticible.

It takes forever to put on but if you get it on right it it doesnt come off and does serve protection.

Quote Originally Posted by joker402 View Post
    on my droid my zaag is the only thing id ever put on. with power off to the screen it looks like its dirty but power on its not noticible.

It takes forever to put on but if you get it on right it it doesnt come off and does serve protection.
    The Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal costs $12.95 + shipping. If you spend over $25 shipping is free normally. Occasionally they even have free shipping offers.

These are very easy to apply. They MIGHT not be as sturdy as some of the others, but they look great. I had one on my Tilt for > 2 years before I finally replaced it with the Nexus One. I just ordered another Boxwave in case I upgrade to the AT&T Nexus One next week.

They also have an Anti-Glare one that I've used on some phones, but people have complained about the pattern and interference with the really dense pixels on the Nexus One. The Clear is very hard to distinguish from the unprotected Nexus One screen.

I had a Skinomi on my Nexus One for a few days, but it was difficult to apply, impossible to not get dust under during the application and had a strange appearance. The bubbles did mostly disappear over a few days though. :nexusx:

By the way, I kept the Skinomi protector on the rest of the phone. The corners continue to come up a little but not too bad. This ways when I post the T-Mobile Nexus One to EBay I can truthfully say it is scratch free!

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

3xL
    i'm ocd but i'm also bipolar...i tried the seidio ultra protector and had bubbles everywhere and dust...lost my temper and destroyed it...

i ALWAYS use calrivue, never had issues with it. the only reason i got the seidio ones was because i ordered it together with my 3200mah battery

Nexus requires better quality screen protector than other phones?

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joker402 View Post

The Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal ... look great... They also have an Anti-Glare one that I've used on some phones, but people have complained about the pattern and interference with the really dense pixels on the Nexus One. The Clear is very hard to distinguish from the unprotected Nexus One screen.

@kevindaledavis,

I gues, it's a valid point: Nexus One OLED screen with its high resolution has dense pixels.
    I'm not sure about Motorola Droid (the same resolution / density, right?) , but on my old ADP1 I used screen ZAGG Invisible protector, if I remember it well. It was good and did not deteriorate picture quality.
    For Nexus One I bought Smartphone Experts Screen Protectors (here also) and they look awful. They are not transparent enough, interfere with Nexus screen pictures and significantly deteriorate picture quality. I throw them away.

So, what the verdict? Are there any really good screen protectors for Nexus One on a market? Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal? Anything else?
    I wouldn't take a price into account. I just want to protect beautiful AMOLED screen of Nexus One without compromising on a picture quality.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links