Nexus One Screen Protectors

This is a discussion on Nexus One Screen Protectors within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by kevindaledavis I think you are referencing dust underneath the glass. I don't think any of these protectors will prevent dust from getting ...

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Screen Protectors

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post
    I think you are referencing dust underneath the glass. I don't think any of these protectors will prevent dust from getting underneath the glass.

This is my 2nd Nexus One. I've not noticed the dust under the glass issue. But then I do keep my phone in the original slip cover. If you keep your phone in your jeans front pocket without the slip cover, it probably is more likely to happen since there's a lot of lint in jeans pockets.
    Hey, thanks for responding. I was indeed referring to dust inside the device, including under the glass. It's good to know that you haven't had a problem with it with your usage. I'm not sure if I would keep it in a pocket or opt for a holster. I prefer holsters, but they draw attention in a bad way.

Did something malfunction on your first N1?

Quote Originally Posted by statler View Post
    Did something malfunction on your first N1?
    If you are asking why I have had two Nexus Ones, the answer is, I COULDN'T WAIT. The hardware in my previous phone was getting too flaky and I had been playing to Android for over a year. When they announced the T-Mobile Nexus One, I decided to jump to it. But we are on an AT&T family plan and some of the family lives where T-Mobile is even spottier than normal. So switching to T-Mobile won't work. I even tried T-Mobile for about 1.5 months here and decided the data service wasn't any better than AT&T, so I bought an AT&T Nexus One and will sell the T-Mobile Nexus One.

Now did something malfunction? That's funny because yes, when I was removing the micro SD card, I must have been too ham fisted and now the micro SD card won't stay in the socket. HTC has said that shouldn't have happened and they are swapping out the T-Mobile Nexus One with a Brand New T-Mobile Nexus One which is going on eBay later this week.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

I even tried T-Mobile for about 1.5 months here and decided the data service wasn't any better than AT&T, so I bought an AT&T Nexus One and will sell the T-Mobile Nexus One.
    Are the ebay phones still going higher than the US cost from Google? If they aren't, maybe I could make an offer. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on an N1.

The only problem with ebay would be getting a warranty, right? If I understand correctly, only the original buyer can obtain that...

Quote Originally Posted by statler View Post
    The only problem with ebay would be getting a warranty, right? If I understand correctly, only the original buyer can obtain that...
    That is the way I read the HTC warranty. Of course, I would be willing to work with the buyer on getting the phone fixed if something happened before Jan 5. But you could still be without the phone for a few days. I certainly wouldn't offer to do a hot swap since I could get stiffed on the phone getting back to HTC.

So I was about 5 hours away from the auction ending. There was quite a bit of activity on the auction. The price was already at $440+$15 shipping. I had the expectation that the phone would go close to or over $500 based on other Nexus One prices.

At this point, the phone I will be selling will be brand new. The person at HTC said that it was almost 100% certain the phone will be brand new and not reconditioned. I will turn it on and play with it on T-Mobile for a little time to make sure that it appears to be functioning ok. It will be selling with a Brand New battery. Plus I have a couple of extras to throw in the box (a cable and an Android sticker).

I'm pretty sure it will sell for something around the same price. Selling it on eBay provides me and the buyer certain benefits.

Someone was talking with me about bidding on my phone. I basically told them to NOT bid on the phone because they didn't seem to know much about the Nexus One. He was asking me a lot of questions that you can learn about in 5 minutes on here. I want the buyer to be happy.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

That is the way I read the HTC warranty. Of course, I would be willing to work with the buyer on getting the phone fixed if something happened before Jan 5.
    Well, sounds like you can expect to get a competitive price on eBay. Good luck with your auction. Btw, I think it's very upstanding of you to offer to assist the buyer with any warranty issues until it expires.

I'll leave it at that since this is OT anyway. (I tried PMing, but you know why that didn't work.) Thanks for your responses!

I don't see how a screen protector could stop dust from getting under your screen. I have an xoskin on mine and haven't noticed any dust under the screen, but I really doubt it is because of the protector. Maybe you could try and seal up all the cracks in your phone with superglue? Will google warranty replace your phone if dust does get in?

ailene, Does Xoskin that you have does lint or dust gets on the edge of the protector?
    Does it peel off as it get older?(meaning how good skins holding up)
    I am about to get it but need to know for sure.

I've had it installed for a while now and I haven't had any problems. No peeling, no lint, etc.

I got mine from a Cimo Cases who was exclusive to Nexus One before the iPad and it is anti-glare matte. No more glare issues! Although the pixels look funny, but that was already mentioned.

Sandblasters choice

I have used Zag covers on all my phones, they hold up to being in my abrasive filled pockets. Never a screen scratch.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links