Nexus One Screen Protectors

This is a discussion on Nexus One Screen Protectors within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; The SGP clear protector SUCKS! I was used to their anti finger print ones which are good, but afraid I will no longer be using ...

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Screen Protectors

The SGP clear protector SUCKS! I was used to their anti finger print ones which are good, but afraid I will no longer be using SGP ... their iPhone cases are great, but I am really disappointed with their clear screen protector for the Nexus One!

Haven't had it even a week and it has a bunch of fine scratches on the protector already! I take care of my phone a lot and this is not acceptable, so for those looking, don't buy SGP clear protector. Any recommendations for a clear protector that is good? Does the zag scratches easily?

I dont use one.just keep my phone in my pocket with nothing else in there..I do have a Gelli case on my N1

I guess the solution is to use an anti glare or anti finger print .... any clear ones that don't get scratched within a week?

Has anyone tried the privacy ones?

Re: Nexus One Screen Protectors

Boxwave crystal clear is really good thats what i use

How long have you had it? Does it go on wet or dry? (Static)

Re: Nexus One Screen Protectors

Ive had it a week it goes on dry but one of my friends got one from zagg and he got his nexus on launch day and it has bubbles in it and you feel when you tpuch the screen its coming off. And the boxwave one can be rinsed with warm water and reused.

Zag

I had a zag cover on my tilt for over a year, no bubbles and no scratches even after I took a key to the screen. If it does bubble Zag will send you a new one.

I have a BoxWave Clear protector on my Nexus One and I'm just not happy. It looks great. You wouldn't even know there was a protector on it. It's the touch response I'm not happy with. Periodically, my touches are registering as multi-touch with near the bottom of the screen. I've tested this out with drawing keyboards like SlideIt and Shapewriter, and when it shows the 'line' that it thinks was drawn, you can see that when I touch areas about a third of the way up from the bottom, you can see a line drawn from the bottom of the screen to where I touched, as if it thinks that both areas were touched. I also see this in touching buttons or items in the bottom third of the screen. Sometimes it will activate menus or items lower down near the bottom of the screen. The only solution is to turn off the screen, rub the area down hard with my finger for a few seconds, and turn the screen back on.

There are no visible air bubbles, dust or any other indication of anything other than a perfect fit, and yet I'm getting frustratingly bad touch response periodically. Is this a problem with the way the screen protector was applied? Or is this just not a good screen protector for touch accuracy ? Or is this common to all screen protectors?

I love having a screen protector on my N1, but I'm really frustrated at the price I pay in botched touch response.

Randy

I also use the Boxwave. It's great. I mean you don't get this rubberish protector that requires water to apply. This you don't need water and you don't even know it's there.
    The touch is great too. Rmagruder, if you use the other rubberish one, you will find harder to move across the screen as it has some friction.
    Overall I am very happy. This protectore doesn't get lint or any dust on the edges. It's that good. I have used invishield, clearview, and other protectors on ebay. But this is the far the best one for the screen. Unfortunately, they don't make the whole body cover, they only make screen. make sure you install in bath room after shower with lots of steam, to keep the dust in the air on the ground.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links