Nexus One Screen Protectors

This is a discussion on Nexus One Screen Protectors within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by wanchu83 The touch is great too. Rmagruder, if you use the other rubberish one, you will find harder to move across the ...

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Screen Protectors

Quote Originally Posted by wanchu83 View Post
    The touch is great too. Rmagruder, if you use the other rubberish one, you will find harder to move across the screen as it has some friction.
    What other 'rubberish' one? The one I got is the BoxWave Google Nexus One ClearTouch Crystal Screen Protector (Single Pack). The one you're describing as so awesome has some friction issues and some touch accuracy issues.

Randy

I have wasted so much time and money on screen protectors. They are almost impossible to place without getting bubbles or off center. When I purchased my Nexus One I got the body armor to protect it. I will never buy another screen protector, ever. Don't waste your money, get body armor.

Quote Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ View Post
    I have wasted so much time and money on screen protectors. They are almost impossible to place without getting bubbles or off center. When I purchased my Nexus One I got the body armor to protect it. I will never buy another screen protector, ever. Don't waste your money, get body armor.

What do you mean by Body Armor? Is that the stuff you stick on the phone with solution? Is that installation very difficult?

I would be worried I'd screw it up and then be out $20. At least with a screen protector i can take it off and try again.

I started off with a full Skinomi (like Body Armor). I hated the screen especially since I ended up with dust motes under the one on the screen. But the feel was wrong also.

I pulled off the screen and replaced it with the Boxwave Crystal and liked that. Of course, that was on my other Nexus One. Current one just has the Boxwave Crystal. I didn't get another body cover because it was such a pain to install and was never exactly right.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

i have the boxwave clear protector and a seidio case....the case kinda lifts the protector so the are bubbles around the edges and sometimes the protector will lift off.....anyone know of a screen protector that will not do this?

using the clarivue screen protectors

Not completely satisfied with the Clarivue screen protector. It looks okay, no real complaints there but grease and fingerprints are definitely a problem. I'm using it with a Innocase II and it's causing bubbling along the sides.

There are some small issues with screen touch accuracy, sometimes it'll pick up a multitouch pinch when I'm just scrolling.

Still on the hunt for a screen protector that reduces(eliminates) smudging and grease.

Update. Installed the Clarivue Anti-Glare (matte) screen protector and took it off within 10 min. Yes it reduces smudges, but it also destroys screen clarity. Looks like someone smeared vaseline all over my screen.

Going protector-less for now until someone makes a decent product.

Quote Originally Posted by cheungri View Post
    Update. Installed the Clarivue Anti-Glare (matte) screen protector and took it off within 10 min. Yes it reduces smudges, but it also destroys screen clarity. Looks like someone smeared vaseline all over my screen.

Going protector-less for now until someone makes a decent product.
    I dinged up my Boxwave the other day. They aren't supposed to be 100% indestructible. Rather than replacing it with the backup one, I bought one of the cheap Anti-Glare ones from eBay.

It's not perfect, but certainly doesn't look like vaseline. I see the some interference for sure. For me it's acceptable.

I guess it's a matter of personal preference. Do you want fingerprint free or do you want clarity? I'm going with the Anti-Glare for a few weeks just to try it. Then I can swap back to one of the Crystals if I want.

ANTI GLARE Screen Protector for HTC Google Nexus One N1 - eBay (item 180490525557 end time Jul-04-10 22:32:37 PDT) = cute.gift.4less They have packs of 1, 2, or 4 for sale.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Android Lurker Guilherme Aguiar's Avatar

I got a clear case on mine with a screen protector also... got to say its damn hot!!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links