Nexus One Screen Protectors

This is a discussion on Nexus One Screen Protectors within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I'll be very interested in your review of the anti-glare protector. Also, do these screen protectors help with minimizing fingerprints? Thanks...

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Screen Protectors

Hi,

I'll be very interested in your review of the anti-glare protector. Also, do these screen protectors help with minimizing fingerprints?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaoldiesman View Post
    Hi,

I'll be very interested in your review of the anti-glare protector. Also, do these screen protectors help with minimizing fingerprints?

Thanks
    i'll definitely cover that when i install it on my phone. The one they sell at power support usa definitely does help minimize fingerprints. in fact, when i see them installed on my friend's iphones, i don't see any fingerprints at all times as long as your fingers are clean from wet/sticky stuff.

mah
    I received my BSE (screen only; I'm not worried about the full phone). I haven't put it on yet though, because I'm concerned about needing water and/or a soap/water solution. I'm mainly concerned about the air bubble aspect of it. I've read things eluding to the bubbles "working their way out" -- but is this something I will need to actively help (squeegie, for example), or just something that "magically" happens? I'm an engineer and I don't much like magic.

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    I received my BSE (screen only; I'm not worried about the full phone). I haven't put it on yet though, because I'm concerned about needing water and/or a soap/water solution. I'm mainly concerned about the air bubble aspect of it. I've read things eluding to the bubbles "working their way out" -- but is this something I will need to actively help (squeegie, for example), or just something that "magically" happens? I'm an engineer and I don't much like magic.
    From what I've read, they go away on their own. I personally don't see what's wrong with the old school kind that are just sticky. Cheaper, and no worries about water going into a mic hole.

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    When applying the BSE to your screen make sure you squeegee as thoroughly as you can. In spite of this you will notice groups of very small bubbles (they almost look like dust trapped between the BSE and the screen) and fog that you won't be able to do anything about. Let it sit for 24 hours before turning on and using it again but be then be prepared to live with the small bubbles and fogginess for another 24-48 hours til they completely dissappear.

I installed mine last week (full body) and was worried that I had messed it up after I had waited the 24 period and still saw the small bubbles/fogginess. After a couple of days, however, it was as smooth as silk.

Take your time, do as good a job as you can and you should be fine.

Let us know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by eylee View Post
    Hi,

Thanks
    i'll definitely cover that when i install it on my phone. The one they sell at power support usa definitely does help minimize fingerprints. in fact, when i see them installed on my friend's iphones, i don't see any fingerprints at all times as long as your fingers are clean from wet/sticky stuff.
    I'll be interested to eylee. If you can focus on touchscreen response before and after as well as any improved visibility (sunlight) and if the anti-glare degrades the quality of the display any, that'll be awesome.

Depending on your review, if it turns out good, I'll get that anti-glare film and get a Seidio case when it comes out. Then I'm set.

Quote Originally Posted by soulstar View Post
    Hi,

Thanks
    I'll be interested to eylee. If you can focus on touchscreen response before and after as well as any improved visibility (sunlight) and if the anti-glare degrades the quality of the display any, that'll be awesome.

Depending on your review, if it turns out good, I'll get that anti-glare film and get a Seidio case when it comes out. Then I'm set.
    that's exactly what i'm doing. already preordered the seidio surface for mine. from what i've seen on the website, the clarivue seems to be exactly the same as the power support usa films. if that's the case, i'm not worried one bit about the quality/installation of the film.

that's exactly what i'm doing. already preordered the seidio surface for mine. from what i've seen on the website, the clarivue seems to be exactly the same as the power support usa films. if that's the case, i'm not worried one bit about the quality/installation of the film.
    Awesome. Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by cosminb View Post
    You are probably talking about Power Support USA. I think they don't have a N1 version yet.
    Thanks for Information

along with the clarivue, i also ordered the Boxwave clear touch anti-glare. it took me awhile to get it down perfectly but it is on nice and clean now.

This is how it was with Zagg. I put alot of effort to put it on but still looked terrible. i used alot application solution both on my hands and on the screen to prevent dust to build up. I think the problem was from using the squeegie. because i was trying hard to squeeze out most of the solutions, it scratched the screen right off the bet....(and i thought this thing was to be much more durable then that, i definitely did not expect it to scratch from the squeegie card that it came with!

This is how it looked like with zagg...

This is how boxwave anti-glare set came with...

and after ~15minutes of application,

It looks really great compare to zagg. also your finger glides through the surface MUCH smoother due to the film being the anti-glare. It leaves no finger prints (as long as your finger's clean) and it does not seem to hinder any touch screen functionality. I use my touch screen really lightly and i don't have any problems. Note from one of the pictures that the anti-glare doesn't completely get rid of glares. (i didn't expect it to but just for those who might be hoping it would) I don't believe there are any anti-glare films out there that does. it rather makes the reflections on the screen "fuzzy".

HOWEVER, the biggest drawback to the boxwave anti-glare screen is that when your screen is on, it makes your screen have these grain film effect. It's hard to explain but it kinda looks as if someone used the phone and got some oil from your skin on there and makes the screen reflect these microscopic rainbowy colors. They are most noticeable when the screen is white. I've talked to couple of my friends who used high quality anti-glare/matted screen protector and they all came to an agreement that this is normal. matted screen portector will make your screen little grainy and less clear. I can see that how this could be a deciding factor for alot of people out there so I just want to warn you guys. So as long as you can over look this factor. I think that this is a superb screen protector.

I ALSO have SEIDO ultimate screen guard and Clarivue is on its way.(I highly doubt that clarivue will be any better than boxwave but i might try it out and give another review) I might try out ultimate screen guard sometime later unless someone else have already used it and posts some feedback on it. I kinda want to stay away from the clear (non anti-glare) screen protectors because of the finger prints.

hope this helps for those who are out there looking for new screen protectors.

this post basically outlines:

zagg = seems that you have to be MUCH more careful in order to get it installed nice and clean. for details, read the post.
    boxwave clear touch anti-glare = much easier to apply and looks great as long as you follow the tips/direction; dry application for those who are afraid to use application solution; much better feel when using the touch screen; film grain effect?(details up there)

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links