Nexus One Screen Protectors

This is a discussion on Nexus One Screen Protectors within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by eylee along with the clarivue, i also ordered the Boxwave clear touch anti-glare. it took me awhile to get it down perfectly ...

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Screen Protectors

Quote Originally Posted by eylee View Post
    along with the clarivue, i also ordered the Boxwave clear touch anti-glare. it took me awhile to get it down perfectly but it is on nice and clean now.
    Thank you so much for doing these! You're the man (or woman)!
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

eylee, thanks for the writeup. I'm also under the impression that the Clarivue are similar (if not same) as Boxwave.

Grainy effect aside, any other really noticible display degradation overall when using these matte protectors? I can live with the grainy effect, but if it 'dulls' the display quality overall, then it might not be it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by soulstar View Post
    eylee, thanks for the writeup. I'm also under the impression that the Clarivue are similar (if not same) as Boxwave.

Grainy effect aside, any other really noticible display degradation overall when using these matte protectors? I can live with the grainy effect, but if it 'dulls' the display quality overall, then it might not be it for me.
    i don't really see any noticeable degradation in display quality.

Quote Originally Posted by soulstar View Post

I received my Boxwave ClearTouch Matte/Anti-Glare protector today and I didn't like it at all. It 'blurs' the screen and gives lighter colors (especially white) a prism/grainy effect.

It did, however, do a great job of preventing finger prints and it made the surface very smooth for moving my finger across the screen.

In the end I took it off...the visual degradation was just a little too much for me.

Good thing you can reuse BSEs...I washed it and reapplied it with no trouble at all.

If you're gonna be waiting for an Alu case, PDair is most probably one of the first ones to release a quality one.

Having been their customer before, I am aware that they do send out new releases, and usualy I notice that their Alu cases do release considerably early.

Keep an eye out on this page if i were you.

HTC Google Nexus One PDair Accessories Leather Case, Aluminum Metal Case, Silicone Case, Screen Protector - PDair.com

Already quite a large range of cases available for the Nexus One.

Quote Originally Posted by eylee View Post
    zagg = seems that you have to be MUCH more careful in order to get it installed nice and clean. for details, read the post.
    boxwave clear touch anti-glare = much easier to apply and looks great as long as you follow the tips/direction; dry application for those who are afraid to use application solution; much better feel when using the touch screen; film grain effect?(details up there)
    I started out with the Skinomi covering my entire phone. Much like the zagg, it was a pain to install. And you are stuck with any problem.

I ordered the Boxwave clear. It came in last night. I ripped off the Skinomi (came off with no residue after 1 week, so there is that ). Placed the Boxwave on in just a couple of minutes.

Today I noticed a fine thread under the corner. Took a little tape on the corner, carefully lifted the edge, took another piece of tape and touched the thread. Off it came. Lowered the edge back in place. No issues.

It IS clear similar to the original glass, so it does smear. I just might try the Anti Glare.

It is very easy to remove the Boxwave if you make a mistake or leave some dust under it. Make sure you carefully remove any tape you use on the outside of the screen.

Also, if you totally blow it, you can wash the Boxwave, let it dry, then put it back on.

I had one of their Anti Glares on my Tilt for several years. No problem even though I used a stylus a lot.

(And no, I don't work for them or even know them. :nexusx: )

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Finally got my screen protectors from....

ScreenPatronus, Screen protector - the difference is amazing.

...but they're terrible. They're barely sticky, and the edges don't stick at ALL. All around the entire edge it's not sticky, and it causes them to come up easily, and I can't even get the bottom part to stay down at all. On their website it says:

Why are the edges of the protector not laying flat on my screen?
    The protector needs time to conform to the surface of the screen after it's been applied. After a week or so of use, the edges will begin to cling better to your screen.

You may see a small area of the corner that may stay slightly lifted. This is the force lifting the edges up because of protector's rigidity is stronger than the force clinging to the screen. And because of the protector's properties, the slight lift will be invisible once your device is turned on. The light and vibrant colors pass right through and it becomes invisible.

No worries! Over time and use, the edges will automatically find itself conformed and settled onto your screen.

WTF? Everything else about it is great, but if the stupid thing won't even stay on, what's the point?

lol shouldnt of cheaped out. those corners will never go down.they will collect
    dust and stay up lol

lol shouldnt of cheaped out. those corners will never go down.they will collect
    dust and stay up lol

Somebody else recommended them.

Got some Boxwaves on the way.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links