Bluetooth Stereo Receiver

This is a discussion on Bluetooth Stereo Receiver within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Anybody have any experience using this? [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ericsson-Bluetooth-Music-Receiver/dp/B000NWB0J0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1262755942&sr=8-5]Amazon.com: Sony Ericsson Bluetooth Music Receiver (Black): Cell Phones & Service[/ame] I'm planning on making the Nexus One as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth Stereo Receiver

Bluetooth Stereo Receiver

Anybody have any experience using this?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ericsson-Bluetooth-Music-Receiver/dp/B000NWB0J0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1262755942&sr=8-5]Amazon.com: Sony Ericsson Bluetooth Music Receiver (Black): Cell Phones & Service[/ame]

I'm planning on making the Nexus One as my music player as well so I don't have to carry around too much devices. This would be great when using in the car so you don't have to mess with cables dangling around.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have a Kensington Bluetooth adapter (A2DP) that I've hard-wired into my car. It worked *perfectly* with my Nokia 5800. After one-time pairing, I tucked it away behind the dash. Then I just get in the car, turn on the phone bluetooth, and it connects and just *works*.

Even with it tucked behind the dash, the microphone picks up my voice pretty well (though I use a headset for calls) (this is a car-speakerphone feature of the Kensington). I'm sure it would work even better with it plugged into the cigarette lighter.

Anyway, don't deal with something that's battery powered, or that you'd have to tear apart to wire into your car.

I got it for $25 NEW on ebay.

It has a remote too, but I don't use it (it only skips tracks, play/pause, and "use phone").

another thing about this--

keep in mind that playing your music through this means you're either answering calls through this (the Kensington over your stereo) or on the phone handset. I got it thinking I'd be able to switch from the Kensington to a bluetooth headset when the phone rang. On my Nokia, this switch takes much too long, but on the nexus one, it takes about 5 seconds to switch active bluetooth devices. However, you have to already have the bluetooth settings screen open when you get a call.

Anyone know of a way to make a shortcut that switches/toggles different bluetooth devices?

Quote Originally Posted by jodaboda View Post
    another thing about this--

keep in mind that playing your music through this means you're either answering calls through this (the Kensington over your stereo) or on the phone handset. I got it thinking I'd be able to switch from the Kensington to a bluetooth headset when the phone rang. On my Nokia, this switch takes much too long, but on the nexus one, it takes about 5 seconds to switch active bluetooth devices. However, you have to already have the bluetooth settings screen open when you get a call.

Anyone know of a way to make a shortcut that switches/toggles different bluetooth devices?
    I took the plunge on the plunge on the MBR-100 instead, figured that I could also use this on any stereo also with 3.5mm input!

I was also planning to pair up my BT headset with the Nexus One. Hopefully there will be an app for that to switch BT devices on the fly

But can't you simply press the answer button on the BT headset to answer the call? Or at least re-pair it with the phone and then answer the call?

I doubt it, and... I doubt it. There are just too many things that would have to be "right" for that to work. And my luck just isn't that good.

I think a BT headset can't initiate a connection with a phone. That is, pressing buttons on your BT headset won't do anything unless your phone is in the BT "searching" mode (maybe depends on the phone and the headset, but I've never seen it work).

I doubt it, and... I doubt it. There are just too many things that would have to be "right" for that to work. And my luck just isn't that good.

I think a BT headset can't initiate a connection with a phone. That is, pressing buttons on your BT headset won't do anything unless your phone is in the BT "searching" mode (maybe depends on the phone and the headset, but I've never seen it work).
    From experience with BT headsets, as long as you have previously paired up your headset with the device, and then for whatever reason the headset losses its connection with the device, usually a quick press to the answer button gets everything paired up again.

I don't know if this logic could be applied with the Nexus One when handling multiple BT devices. Does the BT headset act as it losses connection when you sync with the BT receiver?

I just tried with two bluetooth headsets and it didn't work. I have both paired, one connected. If I press buttons on the paired-but-not-connected one, nothing happens. I suspect this will be the case in the car with the Kensington as well.

I am using a stereo bluetooth headset and it works well and the fidelity is good. I use it mostly for conversations and meetings so I can walk about a room. Also the bluetooth device does require recharging. I typically use a standard hard-wired headset for personal music listening.

I just tried with two bluetooth headsets and it didn't work. I have both paired, one connected. If I press buttons on the paired-but-not-connected one, nothing happens. I suspect this will be the case in the car with the Kensington as well.
    Oh crap so I guess we have to do the work around you suggested. Thanks for trying though! Will have to try also with my own headset and I will post my findings

Also of note-- Not surprisingly, the button on the Kensington (and it's remote) to "switch to phone" don't work. It's the "Android doesn't allow voice dialing from a bluetooth device" problem so many people have been pissed about for over a year.

I decided to test the "switch active bluetooth device test" with the Kensington and my headset, but no luck. Even if a headset is paired and actively connected, when I get in the car and turn it on, the N1 switches automatically to the Kensington. From there, pressing a button on the headset does nothing. The only way to switch back is to go into BT settings on the N1 and choose the headset (though you can, while making or receiving a call, go back to the handset-- the phone itself, instead of the Kensington).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links