Rubbery Silicon Case vs Hard Crystal Plastic Cases?

This is a discussion on Rubbery Silicon Case vs Hard Crystal Plastic Cases? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I bought the EPIK cases off ebay. 1 EPIK Case Frosted Skin for HTC Google Nexus One N1 - eBay (item 300389191571 end time Feb-20-10 ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubbery Silicon Case vs Hard Crystal Plastic Cases?

I bought the EPIK cases off ebay.

1 EPIK Case Frosted Skin for HTC Google Nexus One N1 - eBay (item 300389191571 end time Feb-20-10 03:56:42 PST)

Supposedly they are "resin" cases, but looking at other sellers, it looks like its a soft plastic type? From the videos I've seen, the case is a bit more shiny on the outside, meaning it would go in/out of pockets easily.

I've used the rubber/silicone skin cases before on other devices, and after about a month the silicone will be caked in dust and grossness. Plus the siliconey feel/smell grosses me out.

The Epik case was only 5 bucks with shipping, so it will be fine until the Seidio blue innocases come out.

I'm still hoping Speck comes out with something like CandyShells for the nexus!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

anyone order the rubberized amzer one from fommy? any reviews? does it say amzer on the back? also, would you stay with this or get the seidio innocase?

i like how this one covers the entire bottom instead of the lip that leaves the space above the trackball open.

Amzer Rubberized Black Snap On Crystal Hard Case For HTC - HTC Nexus One - Fommy.com

the Amzer brand is good with the hard case and the silicon (which i prefer).

fommy takes too long, i got at cheapnexusone.com

For the Amzer Nexus One Rubberized Black Snap On Crystal Hard Case:

"combining a hard plastic shell with a thin layer of soft rubberized material giving your Google Nexus One PB99100 the ultimate in protection."

-Does this mean that the outside is hard, and the inside is rubberized? I dont want it to scratch up my phone, so I want to stay away from hard cases. Anyone have this for their input? Thanks.

Twitter
    jaymcc820
    Quote Originally Posted by kasrhp View Post
    For the Amzer Nexus One Rubberized Black Snap On Crystal Hard Case:

"combining a hard plastic shell with a thin layer of soft rubberized material giving your Google Nexus One PB99100 the ultimate in protection."

-Does this mean that the outside is hard, and the inside is rubberized? I dont want it to scratch up my phone, so I want to stay away from hard cases. Anyone have this for their input? Thanks.
    What that means is the shell itself is hard plastic, but the outside of it has a rubberized feel to it. Probably some sort of spray on coating.

This looks good

I think I might order this:

Amzer® Nexus One Rubberized Black Snap On Crystal Hard Case It covers completely around the trackball. Any reviews?

I tend to go for a rubberised hard case instead, since they hold stronger and i find silicon cases just too rubbery, the grip is a little too much for my likings before.

but nowadays since the release of some better quality silicon cases are released, it's more impressive, they hold their shape better, the low cost ones from way back was too thin and flimsy.

PDair Silicone Case for HTC Google Nexus One (Black) by PDair - PDair.com

i bought that and it's ok, it's tolerable for me.

but i am waiting for their release of the higher quality ones, those are good, the ones that gives me a reason why i can like silicon cases again.

Quote Originally Posted by abe12345 View Post

Amzer® Nexus One Rubberized Black Snap On Crystal Hard Case It covers completely around the trackball. Any reviews?

i was gonna order that one too, but the actual amzer website has changed the pics, so i contacted cheap nexus one, and over email they said it doesnt cover the trackball anymore

but i think the people who work at cheap nexus one cant type more than a couple words b/c all i got were like 2 word answers, so take it as that. but if you do order, let me know how it is.

since it doesnt cover, i ordered this one, i like this color better too

SMOKE CLEAR Rubberized Hard Case Google Nexus 1 One - eBay (item 250571016058 end time Feb-26-10 23:43:18 PST)

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post

i was gonna order that one too, but the actual amzer website has changed the pics, so i contacted cheap nexus one, and over email they said it doesnt cover the trackball anymore

but i think the people who work at cheap nexus one cant type more than a couple words b/c all i got were like 2 word answers, so take it as that. but if you do order, let me know how it is.

SMOKE CLEAR Rubberized Hard Case Google Nexus 1 One - eBay (item 250571016058 end time Feb-26-10 23:43:18 PST)
    I wonder why it doesn't cover around the trackball? Perhaps they had some issues with that design.

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post

i have the same case from ebay and its awesome.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links