Rubbery Silicon Case vs Hard Crystal Plastic Cases?

This is a discussion on Rubbery Silicon Case vs Hard Crystal Plastic Cases? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by raccord Originally Posted by deel Originally Posted by abe12345 I think I might order this: Amzer® Nexus One Rubberized Black Snap On ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubbery Silicon Case vs Hard Crystal Plastic Cases?

Quote Originally Posted by raccord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abe12345 View Post
    I think I might order this:

Amzer® Nexus One Rubberized Black Snap On Crystal Hard Case It covers completely around the trackball. Any reviews?

i was gonna order that one too, but the actual amzer website has changed the pics, so i contacted cheap nexus one, and over email they said it doesnt cover the trackball anymore

but i think the people who work at cheap nexus one cant type more than a couple words b/c all i got were like 2 word answers, so take it as that. but if you do order, let me know how it is.

since it doesnt cover, i ordered this one, i like this color better too

SMOKE CLEAR Rubberized Hard Case Google Nexus 1 One - eBay (item 250571016058 end time Feb-26-10 23:43:18 PST)
    i have the same case from ebay and its awesome.
    Cool. I ordered one today.

How easy are these cases to open to change battery? I might have to change battery often.

Quote Originally Posted by raccord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abe12345 View Post
    I think I might order this:

Amzer® Nexus One Rubberized Black Snap On Crystal Hard Case It covers completely around the trackball. Any reviews?

i was gonna order that one too, but the actual amzer website has changed the pics, so i contacted cheap nexus one, and over email they said it doesnt cover the trackball anymore

but i think the people who work at cheap nexus one cant type more than a couple words b/c all i got were like 2 word answers, so take it as that. but if you do order, let me know how it is.

since it doesnt cover, i ordered this one, i like this color better too

SMOKE CLEAR Rubberized Hard Case Google Nexus 1 One - eBay (item 250571016058 end time Feb-26-10 23:43:18 PST)
    i have the same case from ebay and its awesome.

does yours feel more plastic like a hard case than rubberized? at the least, it feels like a very thin layer of something was sprayed on it. i was expecting more of a rubbery feel, like the fluro incase slider for the iphone. i might order the seidio now, unless incase comes up with something.

I would say mine has a rubbery feel to it. I can't really complain. Its has a similar feel to the incase slider, but not as "rubbery." The innocase on the other hand has a different texture. I like the fact that its partly transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by fujitsupalm View Post
    I tend to go for a rubberised hard case instead, since they hold stronger and i find silicon cases just too rubbery, the grip is a little too much for my likings before.

but nowadays since the release of some better quality silicon cases are released, it's more impressive, they hold their shape better, the low cost ones from way back was too thin and flimsy.

PDair Silicone Case for HTC Google Nexus One (Black) by PDair - PDair.com

i bought that and it's ok, it's tolerable for me.

but i am waiting for their release of the higher quality ones, those are good, the ones that gives me a reason why i can like silicon cases again.
    I have the exact same one that I absolutly love, much like you have mentioned, the layer of silicon is nice and thick, unlike the cheap stuff.

Mine is a different color though. PDair Silicone Case for HTC Google Nexus One (White) by PDair - PDair.com

I ordered this one, but it doesn't quite fit. The bottom edge leaves a slight gap. I also noted the cutout on the bottom isn't quite wide enough because it covers the two gold pins on the left. However, that doesn't matter much because even though the case is thin, it won't fit on the dock. It still works for the USB connection, but will definitely need the case removed if placed on the dock.

It's a nice looking case, and the feel is great in the hand, but it just doesn't snap closed on the bottom. Perhaps I got a defective case.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I ordered this one, but it doesn't quite fit. The bottom edge leaves a slight gap. I also noted the cutout on the bottom isn't quite wide enough because it covers the two gold pins on the left. However, that doesn't matter much because even though the case is thin, it won't fit on the dock. It still works for the USB connection, but will definitely need the case removed if placed on the dock.

It's a nice looking case, and the feel is great in the hand, but it just doesn't snap closed on the bottom. Perhaps I got a defective case.

same here, except my upper left corner doesnt fit all the way. it snaps and closes, but there is a noticeable gap. but whatever, it's a cheap case

Oh the horror

Phone slipped and dropped in snow but picked it up within seconds. and my clear case was supposed to be shipped today from 9am-2pm. so far it still works fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamseel View Post
    Phone slipped and dropped in snow but picked it up within seconds. and my clear case was supposed to be shipped today from 9am-2pm. so far it still works fine though.
    YIKES !!! After reading how one user saved his by placing it in a bag of rice overnight, maybe you should carry a box of rice with you until your case comes in. Glad it worked out OK.

lol a bag of rice? no doubt. grade A basmati rice (pakistani pride baby!) will stay in my car just for this purpose. Thanks for the tip

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links