Rubbery Silicon Case vs Hard Crystal Plastic Cases?

This is a discussion on Rubbery Silicon Case vs Hard Crystal Plastic Cases? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey everyone, first post. I've been lurking but wanted to mention the Gelli case I just ordered from Case Mate. It uses the plastic resin ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Rubbery Silicon Case vs Hard Crystal Plastic Cases?

Hey everyone, first post. I've been lurking but wanted to mention the Gelli case I just ordered from Case Mate. It uses the plastic resin someone mentioned earlier in the thread. It seems like it will slide into my pocket, but also provide a good level of protection. Silicon attracts way to much dust and is a hassle to get in and out of your pocket. Plastic clip ons are bulky and quite ugly IMO.

This is exactly the case I was hoping to find for. I'll have to follow up when I receive it.

I haven't heard good things about the cases people are getting on ebay and non-major brand companies. Case mate is well known and their Gelli case has already been reviewed on the iPhone.

I have black silicone skin, it's very good: phone does not slip away; allaround protection; easy take off/put on: i use it only at home, because I have belt mount leather case on my jeans, it fits only naked N1, also my car mount fits naked one.

when did they release that? i just got an email 5 days ago from case mate saying that they dont have any interest in making N1 cases

*edit... Just ordered it

Just ordered the jelli too! Can't wait.

Should I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    I bought the EPIK cases off ebay.

1 EPIK Case Frosted Skin for HTC Google Nexus One N1 - eBay (item 300389191571 end time Feb-20-10 03:56:42 PST)

Supposedly they are "resin" cases, but looking at other sellers, it looks like its a soft plastic type? From the videos I've seen, the case is a bit more shiny on the outside, meaning it would go in/out of pockets easily.

I've used the rubber/silicone skin cases before on other devices, and after about a month the silicone will be caked in dust and grossness. Plus the siliconey feel/smell grosses me out.

The Epik case was only 5 bucks with shipping, so it will be fine until the Seidio blue innocases come out.

I'm still hoping Speck comes out with something like CandyShells for the nexus!
    I've checked this one out on eBay as well and I like it. Wondering if I should buy one. Is it good? Does it fit on your N1? Thanks.

I don't see alot of Nexus one cases... but its a young phone

For a bit of protection i found the Hybrid by case-mate

Sturdy enough protection however the colors not my style.

I saw that same one non-Kufar. I'm debating on that and the Gelli case from Case-mate. My only worry is that the Hybrid case will be really bulky. Has anyone here used those Hybrid cases from case-mate?

My nexus one should arrive tomorrow. I need to order something asap. I'm afraid I'll have a deadly drop before whatever case I choose arrives.

I have had a very good experience with the crystal gel cases. I did a review of them on YouTube.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76sud5GeVj4&feature=youtube_gdata]YouTube - Nexus One Crystal Skin Case (Bit More In-depth) Review[/ame]

I have the Gelli case from case-mate and it works great. Best case so far but would be a happy(ier) camper if they came out with one that's 1mm in thickness

Re: Rubbery Silicon Case vs Hard Crystal Plastic Cases?

I'm using a casemate gelli case right now, its a great compromise between hard and soft. I like it a lot.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links