what do u guys think about skinomi??

This is a discussion on what do u guys think about skinomi?? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; thinking about getting this screen protector Skinomi TechSkin Nexus One Screen Protector has anyone ordered from this site before?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what do u guys think about skinomi??

what do u guys think about skinomi??

thinking about getting this screen protector
    Skinomi TechSkin Nexus One Screen Protector

has anyone ordered from this site before?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yeah, its pretty good. I have it for the full phone.

I ordered it on Jan 7th and got it today.

ordered it :D

I much prefer bse for my protection.

ordered but not on hand yet

YXB
    I ordered my full body today with this coupon "get25" = $4.99 discount.

Subtotal: $19.95
    Shipping: $0.00
    Tax: $1.38
    25% savings: -$4.99
    Total: $16.34

I ordered the individual screen protector, and I got it in the mail today!

The Amazon Skinomi seller was extremely fast with shipping. I got the skin, looked at it, and it seems very nice!

The biggest part to me, was having to have your phone powered off for 12-24 hours while it dries! I have had my Nexus glued to my hand since I got it almost!

But I applied the protector just like it is instructed, used the spray, the first time I didn't put it on correctly, but it very easily peeled off and was re-fixed.

The screens DO NOT cover the screen 100%. There is about 1MM on the top that isn't covered. Not a big deal, but made it harder to correctly align on the screen. I put it on exactly as the instructions said, and it went on nicely! I DID however get 1 or 2 small pieces of lint under the screen, which I'm sad about but isn't that bad considering i have a long hair dog and there is LINT EVERYWHERE in my house.

About 10 minutes after installation, the screen looks very clear, no bubbles or streaks. There are SOME microbubbles, but I assume those will dry within the next day or two. Orange peel effect is extremely minimal right now. I can see it on the edges of the screen, but it isn't noticeable to the point where I rather have my screen unprotected.

The screen feels a bit thick, not bad, but has a bit of tack and isn't as smooth as the glass. Its acceptable since these are heavier duty screen protectors!

So far, I really like Skinomi! I will update tomorrow and the day after the screen sets more!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    I ordered the individual screen protector, and I got it in the mail today!

The Amazon Skinomi seller was extremely fast with shipping. I got the skin, looked at it, and it seems very nice!

The biggest part to me, was having to have your phone powered off for 12-24 hours while it dries! I have had my Nexus glued to my hand since I got it almost!

But I applied the protector just like it is instructed, used the spray, the first time I didn't put it on correctly, but it very easily peeled off and was re-fixed.

The screens DO NOT cover the screen 100%. There is about 1MM on the top that isn't covered. Not a big deal, but made it harder to correctly align on the screen. I put it on exactly as the instructions said, and it went on nicely! I DID however get 1 or 2 small pieces of lint under the screen, which I'm sad about but isn't that bad considering i have a long hair dog and there is LINT EVERYWHERE in my house.

About 10 minutes after installation, the screen looks very clear, no bubbles or streaks. There are SOME microbubbles, but I assume those will dry within the next day or two. Orange peel effect is extremely minimal right now. I can see it on the edges of the screen, but it isn't noticeable to the point where I rather have my screen unprotected.

The screen feels a bit thick, not bad, but has a bit of tack and isn't as smooth as the glass. Its acceptable since these are heavier duty screen protectors!

So far, I really like Skinomi! I will update tomorrow and the day after the screen sets more!
    Lint under the glass of the touch screen? Damn, a lot of people are having this problem. It seems that the seals aren't properly seated or something 8(

How does the 'full phone' version wrap around the corners of the phone?
    I had the full InvisibleShield for the G1, the corner bits sort of tapered to strips which wrapped round the side and 'sort of' met up at right angles with the bit on the top, but there was no overlap so the corners were unprotected from drops.

Also the face of the phone was made of many separate cut-out panels, it would have been better if it was one whole piece.

Quote Originally Posted by inque View Post

Lint under the glass of the touch screen? Damn, a lot of people are having this problem. It seems that the seals aren't properly seated or something 8(
    Nooo, lint under the screen protector. The screen is still perfect!

I think it was from the paper towels I am using. But it isn't noticable at all really. You can't see the protector while it is on the screen. On the full body, it might give it a shiny look to the back, but on the screen its perfect.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links