BSE Now Available - $5.99!!!

This is a discussion on BSE Now Available - $5.99!!! within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have orderd one to be delivered to UK 1 Google Nexus One Skin (sku: 1153 AB) (Total Body Skin) @ $7.99 = $7.99 Sub-Total: ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BSE Now Available - $5.99!!!

I have orderd one to be delivered to UK
    1 Google Nexus One Skin (sku: 1153 AB)
    (Total Body Skin) @ $7.99 = $7.99

Sub-Total: $7.99
    Shipping: $2.50 (Standard)
    Sales Tax: $0.00
    Invoice Total: $10.49

I'm not buying from a company that gives their product away to people who will review/promote it. I read plenty of small "reviews" where people say it's the "best ever", without actually trying anything else. And it's pretty easy to find real comparisons where other skins are rated more favorably (notably Boxwave and Phantom Skinz).

Quote Originally Posted by jodaboda View Post
    I'm not buying from a company that gives their product away to people who will review/promote it. I read plenty of small "reviews" where people say it's the "best ever", without actually trying anything else. And it's pretty easy to find real comparisons where other skins are rated more favorably (notably Boxwave and Phantom Skinz).
    I agree. I checked out the site, and it looked sketchy to me.....

And while 5.99 is a great price for a protector, I rather just spend the extra money and get a quality screen protector over a generic low brand that will peel/scratch easily.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

In my oppinion, Phantom Skinz are complete garbage. I've bought them once, and they are made of a more vinyl-like material that tends to peel off easily. I think it's better for the screen only, but doesn't hug the sides/back as well.

The only difference between BSE and ZAGG is the large box, and spray bottle filled with soap water that ZAGG comes with. I'm sure that the packaging costs more than the product. BSE comes in a simple envelope. I've used both protectors on many different phones, and they are made from absolutely identicle material...I wouldn't be surprised if they got them from the same manufacturer.

It does seem sort of sketchy that they are reimbursing people for writing a good review about their product, but I'd like to point out that companies like Seidio and Zagg have people posting to these forums all the time (some who identify as being from the company, and other who do not), so atleast BSE is being honest about it.

In the end, for $5.99 (when that was the price), I don't see how you can go wrong when compared to $24.99. My major gripe with Zagg is that it would take over a week for me to get it in the mail...and BSE would always be shipped out the same day, and be received in 2-3 days. On the ZAGG website it currently says that "Your order will be shipped in 5 day"....sorry, but thats horrible by today's standards.

[quote=NeonMonster;7333]
    Have you ever used BSE? Doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    The only difference between BSE and ZAGG is the large box, and spray bottle filled with soap water that ZAGG comes with. I'm sure that the packaging costs more than the product. BSE comes in a simple envelope. I've used both protectors on many different phones, and they are made from absolutely identicle material...I wouldn't be surprised if they got them from the same manufacturer.
    The product is pretty much the same, it's all packaging and marketing.

Just like banks, fitness clubs, or any other business... My bank will give me $25.00 for referring a friend and gym will give me a month free. Besides, read their website they only payout to the first one, not every review gets something free.

And for full disclosure.... I don't use any screen protector or skins of any brand. Just like reading reviews.

dg36: Agreed.

I can see how some may think its a little sketchy. For the record, I didn't get anything for free for posting my review.

Both BSE and Zagg have that mottled "orange peel" look to the screen, right? (on the anti-glare ones). I'm not down with that.

I'm still waiting for my protectors to arrive =/, anyone has theirs yet?
    I switched from Symbian to Android on January 6 2010...

...then I sold my N1 to get the AT&T version but I'll wait for a qwerty solution from google or better with AT&T band support and got the Nokia E75...

lol

Quote Originally Posted by giodelgado View Post
    I'm still waiting for my protectors to arrive =/, anyone has theirs yet?
    It's been 5 days since they told me that it shipped. Thinking about retracting my positive review. I've got a hunch that they are still designing them and they aren't ready for shipment...and they just lied on their website to sell more of them. I usually get them in 2-3 days.

I got my protectors in the mail today.

They look really good. i don't think they will orange peel that much, but I won't get around to installing it for a couple days.

It came in a standard envelope that was had Bestskinsever on it.

This is a legit company with a quality product as far as I'm concerned.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links