BSE Now Available - $5.99!!!

This is a discussion on BSE Now Available - $5.99!!! within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I got mine today (ordered on the 12th) and just got done installing what I could. The rear bottom piece that goes over the HTC ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BSE Now Available - $5.99!!!

I got mine today (ordered on the 12th) and just got done installing what I could. The rear bottom piece that goes over the HTC logo and bottom cover/USB port was not cut correctly. At first I thought it might have been how it normally is, but when you start to press the skin against the bottom, the 2 gold leads would eventually get covered.

I looked closer under a bright light and saw the outline of where the skin should have been cut. I tried to pull at the outline like a fruit rollup to see if it would come off but I ended up stretching the thing.

Also, the LED flash near the camera lens did not have a hole cut out for it (not sure if its supposed to be like that).

I may end up removing all the skins except for the OLED screen and just getting a rubber protector/case for the rest of the body. My last phone was scratched to hell and I'm clumsy.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by wninja View Post
    I got mine today (ordered on the 12th) and just got done installing what I could. The rear bottom piece that goes over the HTC logo and bottom cover/USB port was not cut correctly. At first I thought it might have been how it normally is, but when you start to press the skin against the bottom, the 2 gold leads would eventually get covered.

I looked closer under a bright light and saw the outline of where the skin should have been cut. I tried to pull at the outline like a fruit rollup to see if it would come off but I ended up stretching the thing.

Also, the LED flash near the camera lens did not have a hole cut out for it (not sure if its supposed to be like that).

I may end up removing all the skins except for the OLED screen and just getting a rubber protector/case for the rest of the body. My last phone was scratched to hell and I'm clumsy.
    I installed my BSE yesterday and it came out OK. There's a couple small air bubbles on the back (no big deal) and I'm happy to report that I didn't have the same problem with the skin covering the gold leads as you did.

The front installation came out pretty crappy though. There appears to be quite a bit of dust/minuscule bubbles between the skin and the screen which is strange considering I installed the skin immediately after removing the plastic cover that came wrapped around my Nexus and working with a credit card as a squeegee. I had read on other forums that this phenomenon is normal and that after letting the skin 'cure' for 24 hours that they will go away. If anything, they look more pronounced. I wish I would have just taken it off and had given it another go but what can you do?

I just ordered a Boxwave ClearTouch which looks very similar to the screen protector that has been on my iPhone :iphone: for the past two years that I have been very happy with. I'll let you guys know how that works out once I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I just got my Nexus today and the first thing I did was put the full-body BSE on.

I followed the application process exactly but noticed some fogginess between the screen and the BSE (but seemingly nowhere else)...is this normal? (I applied it about 2.5 hours ago)

The installation instructions say to let the device sit for 24 hours (which I am going to) and I've heard on forums that it'll look better after being allowed to 'set' but I just wanted to make sure that I didn't mess anything up.

Any info would be great...thanks!
    Well the gluey substance you see is not suppose to be there...I had these installed at the mall and it came out perfect..I don't know what they do different but the "cure" process was done when i went back in 30 minutes to the booth. When my Zagg comes in i am taking to get it installed at a booth..I never had success installing a shield "any brand shield" without seeing the screen look all messy. I waited 24hrs one time and called the manufactor who told me it could take 10 days! I took it off and got a refund.

just installed my bse. N1 is my first phone worth covering and this is my first shot at applying skin. i will say that if you have a knack for doing stuff like this, you should be able to figure it out. if you are impatient and not a "detail" person, then you are probably best to have it done by someone else.

some thoughts/lessons learned for others:
    -i applied in bathroom with shower running to create steam, it does help to minimize lint issues
    -less of the solution is better than more (think fine mist versus saturation). i applied the screen and front bottom/sides first and over saturated and it took a while for the water to go away so that I could actually work with the skin
    -i figured out it was best to apply one section, let it stand for about an hour and then the next section
    -if you get lint on the film, wet your fingers really well lightly rub it off, then go back to applying
    -corners are easiest to work when the film gets a bit tacky. once the tackiness starts, apply light pressue if you want to close up the corners by slightly stretching the skin
    -My order of application which seemed to work well
    -screen
    -front bottom/sides (this was the most tedious section because it was so thin on the sides. once it started to get tacky, it made it easier. i really worked this piece into exact place as it seemed to me all the other pieces would fit off this piece)
    -front top
    -back bottom
    -back middle
    -back cover (i took the cover off the phone and worked it by itself, this made handling very easy)

-i don't see the "orange peel" effect people talk about personally
    -at first i was concerned about not having the "solution and squeegy" but figured for the price i would see if it mattered. didn't need or use the squeegy, just used my fingers and the soap to water solution i made worked just fine
    -all the holes and cut outs for the gold tabs lined up perfectly for me. like i said, i'm very detailed oriented so i worked with it untill it lined up the way i expected. i applied about one piece every hour

overall, i'm happy with the result and glad i have protection on the phone now. the screen was cloudy yesterday and has cleared up a lot today. there are still some spots that show in the screen that i'm hoping clear in next couple of days. since the screen was my first piece on and i was learning, i could probably redo it better now that i know how to better work with the skin. i ordered another set of full body to store and an extra screen in case i want to try and redo it.

i did not get paid for this, anything free and i do not work for bse. i also can't compare bse to other skins, but i'm happy with my selection. these are just my quick thoughts to help out anyone else out there getting ready to apply for the first time.

one last thing - i haven't noticed any lagging or response issues in the touchscreen
    -

I finally got mine in the mail today. The e-mail I got said it was sent out on the 11th, but the postmark said the 14...whatever, I guess.

I have to say, the way they made the cut-outs for the Nexus made it a little more trickier to install then on previous phones. The piece that covers the trackball area also is connected to the piece that goes all the way up the side. It's tricky to put on, but the fewer pieces you have, the fewer seams, and the better you are in the long run.

If you hold these side by side to Zagg, you can't tell the difference. They are even shipped from roughly the same place...interesting. Zagg includes much nicer packaging, and more accessories, which probably increases the price a lot, too. I would recommend either product. Depending on which one's on sale, I'd go with the cheaper one (which almost always is BSE, but once in a while you can catch a really good Zagg sale!).

Just my $.02

So far the cut-outs are terrible on my Nexus One skin AND the MyTouch 3G skin. I purchased at least 5 for my G1's and about 2 for my iPhone's and they were fine. But it seems like they are starting to lose some ground here. Im over spending money on these things. Im going full naked.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wninja View Post

I installed my BSE yesterday and it came out OK. There's a couple small air bubbles on the back (no big deal) and I'm happy to report that I didn't have the same problem with the skin covering the gold leads as you did.

The front installation came out pretty crappy though. There appears to be quite a bit of dust/minuscule bubbles between the skin and the screen which is strange considering I installed the skin immediately after removing the plastic cover that came wrapped around my Nexus and working with a credit card as a squeegee. I had read on other forums that this phenomenon is normal and that after letting the skin 'cure' for 24 hours that they will go away. If anything, they look more pronounced. I wish I would have just taken it off and had given it another go but what can you do?

I just ordered a Boxwave ClearTouch which looks very similar to the screen protector that has been on my iPhone :iphone: for the past two years that I have been very happy with. I'll let you guys know how that works out once I get it.
    After 48-72 hours the bubbles that I was seeing between the BSE and touch screen finally went away. Overall I'd give the bestskinsever for NexusOne an 8 out of 10. There's virtually no orange peel effect (unless you look super-close in very bright light) but the seams on some places overlap just slightly which keeps it from getting a perfect 10 out of 10.

The application process isn't that difficult if you carefully read the directions and take your time. The hardest piece to apply was definitely the one that surrounds the trackball because it stretches all the way up the sides of the phone. When doing that piece just go slowly and take your time. If it's not sticking right away then let it sit and dry for 2-3 minutes then come back and use your fingers to push it down.

My Boxwave ClearTouch just shipped and I may use replace the front protector on my BSE (it's not perfectly centered on the touchscreen) or just save it for later.

I installed my BSE a couple days ago and it went on super easy. I ended up taking off the back protection cause I have it in a hard case, but the screen, top and bottom stayed on. I have some marks on the underside of it where there were bubbles, and they're kind of a hazy color now. I think I may get another one now that I know what I'm doing haha.

Looks great though!
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I ordered this, and tried to take it to a Kiosk, the guy was a jerk about it and wanted $10 at first and then changed it to $15 because he said 'he didn't really want to install it'.

So we brought it home, and being the non professional installers we are, it did not come out so great. I have tons of bubbles, that I thought would go away at 24-48 hours- but a week later they are still there. the rest of the hone looks great, and the bubbles are not visible when the phone is on, only when it has a black screen. I bought an extra, what should I do to minimize the bublling if I choose to replace?
    Pegasusrider

I LOVE my Nexus One:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links