Does Skinomi replace hard cases?

This is a discussion on Does Skinomi replace hard cases? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; This product seems great for scratch protections. A bit expensive too, but does Skinomi or related products replace hard cases? What would happen if I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Skinomi replace hard cases?

Does Skinomi replace hard cases?

This product seems great for scratch protections. A bit expensive too, but does Skinomi or related products replace hard cases? What would happen if I drop my phone with the Skinomi on?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No they do not replace hard cases. Skinomi just protects your phone from possible scratches.
    What would happen if you drop your phone w/ Skinomi on? bye bye to your phone. o_o;

[ Cyanogen 5.0.5.6 | OC'ed to 1.113GHz | Amon RA v1.70 | Build EPE54B| Desire Camera R2 | NexTHEME 2.0 Final & Goodies5 R2 ]

Roxy is correct, IMHO. These types of products are merely surface protectors, not device protectors. I have an Otterbox Defender on my iPhone...there IS no stronger device protection available!

I guess ill just get screen protector with skinomi and a clear hard case... anyone know where to get one? The ones on amazon and not clear and hella ugly.

Doesnt the nexus come with as screen protector?

Haha I act like I own one, but really its still shipping. Arriving tomorrow xD

Nexus One does not come with a screen protector. Full-body skin protection typically will not work with a hard case, as the case is made to very close specs, and won't snap on correctly. If you want maximum protection, I would recommend using a full-body skin along with a silicone case, or silicone/plastic case hybrid (when available). The silicone doesn't fit as snug, and allows room for the extra space that the skin takes up.

I don't know why I would need a full body protection when the cases cover it. Im just going to buy the screen protector with a hard case.. Wouldn't that be a better idea?

I ordered Skinomi and they only sent me the screen protector although i paid for the full body. I ordered from Nexus One Accessories, Google Nexus One Cases, HTC Nexus One Chargers which is the same as www.thinkmobilesolutions.com. I called and stayed on the phone with the guy 30 minutes telling him i need the rest of my order..He asked the same questions 8 times. Finally think he got it. He is sending a replacement although he didnt sound confident.

Next i go to Skinomi.com to register for life time replacments to find out the page Skinomi TechSkin - Gadget and Cell Phone Screen Protectors, Skins, Cases, Shields, Covers only links you back to the home page. Now just my opinion, i would never order a Skinomi from any retailers or from Skinomi site itself again. Just a heads up, stick with the other full body protector guys! Same material, better quality of service!

Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post
    I ordered Skinomi and they only sent me the screen protector although i paid for the full body. I ordered from Nexus One Accessories, Google Nexus One Cases, HTC Nexus One Chargers which is the same as www.thinkmobilesolutions.com. I called and stayed on the phone with the guy 30 minutes telling him i need the rest of my order..He asked the same questions 8 times. Finally think he got it. He is sending a replacement although he didnt sound confident.

Next i go to Skinomi.com to register for life time replacments to find out the page Skinomi TechSkin - Gadget and Cell Phone Screen Protectors, Skins, Cases, Shields, Covers only links you back to the home page. Now just my opinion, i would never order a Skinomi from any retailers or from Skinomi site itself again. Just a heads up, stick with the other full body protector guys! Same material, better quality of service!
    Thanks for the headsup. Not getting Skinomi now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links