Anyone know what the THINNEST silicone/rubber stretch-on protector is?

This is a discussion on Anyone know what the THINNEST silicone/rubber stretch-on protector is? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; That sums it up. I like the Nexus just like it is, but want to protect it (I use it to play music in my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know what the THINNEST silicone/rubber stretch-on protector is?

Anyone know what the THINNEST silicone/rubber stretch-on protector is?

That sums it up. I like the Nexus just like it is, but want to protect it (I use it to play music in my car, and throw it in a cupholder). Have you seen a *very* thin rubber or silicone stretch-on style case?

Even better would be one that just goes around the edge (not the front or back, except maybe a little lip to keep it snug). I'd like to get a custom Unique Skin for the back, and a Boxwave protector for the front...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you want a case, and not a skin (like Zagg), my experience is that those made out of this material are by far the thinest:

Amzer Luxe Argyle Skin Case - Clear For Google - Google Nexus One PB99100 - Cases - Fommy.com

Its a vinyl material that is thinner than silicone.

You won't find anything that just goes around the edge, exluding the front or back...not sure why they would make a case like that.

Cool, but I can't find them in anything but argyle. I have nothing against argyle, but since they're semi-transparent, it looks a little weird. You would *think* they would make *one* non-argyle one (plain black, maybe?).

Maybe I'll wait a few days and if nothing comes out, get the "smoke"-colored argyle one...

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jodaboda View Post
    Cool, but I can't find them in anything but argyle. I have nothing against argyle, but since they're semi-transparent, it looks a little weird. You would *think* they would make *one* non-argyle one (plain black, maybe?).

Maybe I'll wait a few days and if nothing comes out, get the "smoke"-colored argyle one...

thanks!
    I wasn't really thrilled by the argyle either, but after I installed it, it sort of grew on me. It's only half transparent, so almost looks like there is a skin on it. Definately wouldn't be my first choice, but see for yourself..pic attached.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

bmo
    you could always use a condom

Quote Originally Posted by bmo View Post
    you could always use a condom
    hahahaha:rofl3: made me laugh for a sec

Hey wildrage....does your phone still fit in the pouch that comes with the phone, even with that argyle case on? I would love a skin/case for the phone, but then still be able to keep it in the pouch since I keep this in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan118 View Post
    Hey wildrage....does your phone still fit in the pouch that comes with the phone, even with that argyle case on? I would love a skin/case for the phone, but then still be able to keep it in the pouch since I keep this in my pocket.

If you want to keep it in a pouch, with case on, try the G1 pouch/soft case. I keep my phone in one, it's slightly larger, but secure and on ebay there cheap. Slides in/out easily and fit's the pocket well.

What are you guys doing with your phones in your pockets, playing football? The phone is plastic and aluminum, covered in teflon, then you put a skin on it AND put it in a case?

I think anything that can damage the phone through the skin OR the case can damage the phone through the skin AND a case...

I dont really like have cases or anything on my phone. Right now im just keeping my phone in the pouch till i find a nice slip in hip pouch. Then after it gets a bit older ill just be throwing it in my pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links