Nexus One headsets

This is a discussion on Nexus One headsets within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; It's great that phones come with a 3.5mm jack now so we can use our own headphones. Just wondering what kind of headsets (headphones + ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One headsets

Nexus One headsets

It's great that phones come with a 3.5mm jack now so we can use our own headphones. Just wondering what kind of headsets (headphones + mic) would work with the nexus one...I prefer the ear-canal type which is why I am looking for a replacement...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Me too. I love canal. I love the headphones that the phone came with, but I really prefer canal ones.

Apple In Ear.

I bought a pair of premium Apple In-Ear Headphones Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic - Apple Store (U.S.) for my iPod touch and they work great with my N1 so I would imagine (hope) any current generation iPod/iPhone headphones will work with the N1. You can answer calls and start/stop/skip for the music player plus they sound great. You can't seem to skip backwards but that is fine for me. I have noticed that sometimes I can't seem to hang up on calls from the headset but I have not identified that as a problem with the headset for sure yet.

I am disappointed that the included headset can't control the volume. It unfortunately looks like the only way to control the volume remotely is through a bluetooth connection and I don't care for BlueTooth battery draining devices.

Andrew

Hi Everyone,

Based on our testing, the 3.5mm, 4-conductor plug is wired in a common way. We've tested several of our headsets and had success. Be careful with the Apple headsets, some include volume control that does not work with the Nexus.

Volume control

Are there any wired headphones for the N1 that can control the volume? The included headphones can't and the user manual says to use the controls on the phone to control the volume.

Also as far as voice calling goes with these headphones, if I have to take the phone out of my pocket (especially in the very cold weather) unlock it and touch and hold the search button to issue a voice command so I can make a call then why bother? On every other phone I have had you could hold a button on the headphones to initial a voice command. I rarely used voice dialing before on my other phones except while walking during my commute to call the wife but this will probably put an end to me using it at all. It is easier to just put a contact shortcut on the home screen since I have to take out the phone anyway.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by akwebb1 View Post
    Are there any wired headphones for the N1 that can control the volume? The included headphones can't and the user manual says to use the controls on the phone to control the volume.

Also as far as voice calling goes with these headphones, if I have to take the phone out of my pocket (especially in the very cold weather) unlock it and touch and hold the search button to issue a voice command so I can make a call then why bother? On every other phone I have had you could hold a button on the headphones to initial a voice command. I rarely used voice dialing before on my other phones except while walking during my commute to call the wife but this will probably put an end to me using it at all. It is easier to just put a contact shortcut on the home screen since I have to take out the phone anyway.

Andrew
    EXACTLY. Not being able to issue voice commands and contact search via bluetooth and wired headsets is THE SINGLE BIGGEST ISSUE with the N1 and the Android platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Buds View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Based on our testing, the 3.5mm, 4-conductor plug is wired in a common way. We've tested several of our headsets and had success. Be careful with the Apple headsets, some include volume control that does not work with the Nexus.

I don't want to plug our own products on this forum, but we'll update our website to mention compatible products, or feel free to ask me.

Brad
    Ultimate Buds
    Hello! I was looking at your ultimate buds UB5, and I was wondering if you had tested these with the N1? Thanks.

Hello, just wanted to contribute my 2 cents. I have the ultimateear ER-6 earphones. Their sound quality is really great and I found them for $50 couple months back. so i'm sure if the ER-6i would be a solid choice as long as you don't mind spending $150 for it.

Personally, for me, it is too expensive. I am instead looking to buy Nuforce NE-7M. I had it about a year back and I lost them...It is only $50 and for the price, it's sound quality is very well known within audio forums like head-fi.org. Only downfall? (well for me it is), it only comes in 1 color, brown.

I think the headphones that came with the N1 are poor quality and basically just for hands free phone use. Music/sound quality from the headphones is very ordinary especially compared to the Sony Ericsson W705 with standard headphones (my previous phone).

I will definitely be looking to get a replacement.

i think skull candy would be good. been thinking of getting one i think its the FMJ 09 or something like that

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links