Static cling screen protector

This is a discussion on Static cling screen protector within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I was wondering if anyone has found a screen protector that attaches to the nexus one by static cling. I'm coming from the iPhone and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Static cling screen protector

Static cling screen protector

I was wondering if anyone has found a screen protector that attaches to the nexus one by static cling. I'm coming from the iPhone and have always used Power Systems for my screen protectors. I don't really like messing around with water and my phones and usually the screen protectors that use water have an orange peel texture that I hate. Anyone see a screen protector yet that uses no water to attach? I know the mytouch 3G has one also.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

wmm
    A guy over on the xda-developers.com Nexus One board said that he was using the Power Systems iPod Touch protector on his Nexus One, and that he only had to trim it at the bottom to make it fit. He attached a photo that looked pretty good, so I've ordered a kit for my Nexus One. I'll try to remember to post the results here after it arrives and I can try it for myself.

wmm
    I just got a note from BoxWave this morning stating that they now have their screen protectors available for the Nexus One. (I had signed up a few days ago expressing interest.) I have never used a BoxWave protector myself, but for previous devices I have owned they were always highly regarded in conversations I read.

Cool, I'll have to look into the Boxwave one. I've only used the powersystem one and its been the best I've seen before. I was hoping theyd come out with one for the nexus, but they havent even responded to my email asking about it. Are you still going to look into modding the ipod touch one?

wmm
    Yes. If I had known that Boxwave would have their product ready this soon I might have waited and ordered that instead, based on the good reviews I've seen. However, the Power Systems kit is already on the way, and my iPhone-carrying son was very enthusiastic in his recommendation, so I'll go ahead and give it a try.

I got the same email from Boxwave this morning and bought one of the crystal ones.

I've used one previously on my Tilt for a couple of years. No problems even though a used the stylus a lot.

It was $12.95 with free standard US shipping! You can get two for $27.95.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

wmm
    The Power Support iPod Touch screen protector arrived today. I've installed it on my Nexus One, and it really wasn't very difficult -- I just trimmed off the bottom part right at the top of the hole they leave for the iPod power button and then cut off the bottom corners at a 45-degree angle. Although it doesn't match the curvy screen contours at the top and bottom, it's exactly the right width, and it installed very easily -- just the right amount of cling to stick securely, but easy to lift up and rotate slightly if you get it started at the wrong angle, as I did.

It's nice and slippery and doesn't interfere with my finger motion on the screen at all. As for its anti-glare properties, it's about like other anti-glare screen protectors I've used: it makes reflections fuzzy but doesn't eliminate them. A worthwhile addition, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post
    I got the same email from Boxwave this morning and bought one of the crystal ones.

I've used one previously on my Tilt for a couple of years. No problems even though a used the stylus a lot.

It was $12.95 with free standard US shipping! You can get two for $27.95.
    I got my Clear Touch Crystal from Boxwave today. It is perfect. It is the closest thing to the original screen for my Nexus One. I put it on, it wasn't exactly perfect, so I lifted it up, laid it back down perfectly, oops, still a small spec of dust, lifted the corner, put a piece of tape under the protector to grab the dust, and it's back down. Now it is perfect.

It took me longer to get the Skinomi off and the screen cleaned than it did to get the Boxwave one down perfectly.

Ok, I'll shut up about it now.

I just might try an Anti Glare one sometime...

Archos 70 with UrukDroid

I just got the Boxwave ClearTouch Anti-Glare screen protecter today and I don't like it AT ALL. It blurs the screen pretty bad and gives lighter colors a prism effect. The texture on the screen itself was very nice (my fingers left no prints and glided easily over the surface) but the gorgeous screen got too distorted for my taste.

Does the Crystal version do anything similar to what I just described?

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Does the Crystal version do anything similar to what I just described?
    No, the Boxwave Crystal looks just like the original screen. No prism effect, no dulling of the colors.

Since you never had a smearing problem with the uncovered screen, maybe you won't have that problem with the Crystal protector either. I guess my hands are just too greasy.

You really don't know you have the Crystal on the screen unless you look very closely at the edges. It's very slightly smaller than the screen.

Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links