Seidio Spring Clip Holster for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Seidio Spring Clip Holster for Nexus One within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Anyone who has used the spring clip holsters for other phones: how securely does the holster hold the phone? I was using a similar design ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seidio Spring Clip Holster for Nexus One

wmm
    Anyone who has used the spring clip holsters for other phones: how securely does the holster hold the phone? I was using a similar design (non-Seidio) holster for a previous phone and accidentally knocked it out once and broke the screen. After repairing the screen, I guarded against that by using a camera wrist strap through the lanyard hole and draping the strap over the belt clip, so that the phone would only fall a few inches if that happened again (which it did a couple of times). However, there's no lanyard hole on the Nexus One, so that trick wouldn't work for this holster/phone combination. Can someone reassure me about the security of the actual Seidio mechanism? I've never seen one directly, only in photos.

(In spite of the $30 price, I'm very much attracted to this design, assuming it securely holds the phone. For one thing, it leaves the speaker hole unobstructed, so I'm more likely to hear the ringtone when someone calls me. With the Nexus One inside its sleeve, with the sleeve in my pocket, and wearing my coat on top of that, all those layers are a very effective silencer...)

wmm
    I decided to go ahead and pre-order this holster, in spite of my concerns about how easy/difficult it might be to knock the phone out by accident. I figure at worst I can knock together something with some Velcro to reduce the likelihood of damage, and maybe it will be secure enough that I won't have to worry about it.

I'll post something here after it arrives and I've had a chance to examine it closely.

Quote Originally Posted by wmm View Post
    I decided to go ahead and pre-order this holster, in spite of my concerns about how easy/difficult it might be to knock the phone out by accident. I figure at worst I can knock together something with some Velcro to reduce the likelihood of damage, and maybe it will be secure enough that I won't have to worry about it.

I'll post something here after it arrives and I've had a chance to examine it closely.
    Yea let us know that $30 holster works out. I will wait for the $6.99 holster.

wmm
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post
    If I knew there was going to be a $6.99 version -- and soon! -- I might wait for it. The problem is that for my former phone, there never was a cheap version of this holster. I got one that was sort of like it, but it was set up to keep the screen facing out, not in, which struck me as an invitation for damage. I turned the phone around so the screen faced in, but then the phone didn't fit as well. It seemed "good enough," but that probably contributed to the phone popping out and breaking the screen, as I mentioned earlier.

As a good indication of whether there will be a "$6.99 holster," can anyone post a link to a cheap copy of the iPhone version of this holster? (Genuine question; I haven't looked.) If so, maybe there will be one for the Nexus One, too, and it might make sense to wait for it.

In the meantime, I hate paying the $30, too, but I don't know of an alternative that provides the same benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by wmm View Post
    If I knew there was going to be a $6.99 version -- and soon! -- I might wait for it. The problem is that for my former phone, there never was a cheap version of this holster. I got one that was sort of like it, but it was set up to keep the screen facing out, not in, which struck me as an invitation for damage. I turned the phone around so the screen faced in, but then the phone didn't fit as well. It seemed "good enough," but that probably contributed to the phone popping out and breaking the screen, as I mentioned earlier.

As a good indication of whether there will be a "$6.99 holster," can anyone post a link to a cheap copy of the iPhone version of this holster? (Genuine question; I haven't looked.) If so, maybe there will be one for the Nexus One, too, and it might make sense to wait for it.

In the meantime, I hate paying the $30, too, but I don't know of an alternative that provides the same benefits.

One out 5 that range form 7.99 - 9.99 I picked this link because it shows the phone face in Apple iPhone 3G Holster w/ Swivel Belt Clip personalizes w/ Free Shipping. I took 2 minutes to look at 5 cases.

wmm
    One out 5 that range form 7.99 - 9.99 I picked this link because it shows the phone face in Apple iPhone 3G Holster w/ Swivel Belt Clip personalizes w/ Free Shipping. I took 2 minutes to look at 5 cases.
    Cool. Too bad they don't have (or pre-offer) one for the Nexus One. I guess I'm impatient; I have been carrying the phone in its sleeve in my shirt pocket with no problem, but last night I had a piece of paper in the pocket with the phone, which apparently reduced the friction, and the phone fell out of my pocket twice when I bent over to pick something up. I want an alternative to my current arrangement sooner rather than later, and I don't want to buy something temporary now that I know I won't like for the long term while I'm waiting. As I said, I don't like spending $30, but that's about the going rate for other name-brand cases, and it looks to be available soon.

I have used other Seidio products, and they are very well made. I too have pre ordered the Innocase 2 combo and the docking station, as the price is reasonable and I believe in supporting the merchants who keep the forum running by advertising and offering us discounts as well!

Scan this with your Nexus One
    Barcode Scanner

Shipping for this holster began today (1/27).

Thank you for the patience.

Seidio

wmm
    I received my Seidio spring clip holster today. I'm very impressed with the apparent quality of the device. All the surfaces have a very nice soft rubbery feel, the springs are strong and tight, and the rotating belt clip is really solid -- no play at all, and strong detents for the angles at which it can be positioned. The plastic is very stiff and sturdy, too, and the felt lining is very well glued. I can't find anything at all to quibble about in terms of fit, finish, and quality of construction.

I think I'm satisfied with the security with which the phone is held in place, too. There really is no way to pry or knock the phone out of the holster without lifting the spring clip at the top, and it's hard to envision a scenario in which that would happen accidentally.

I'm not sure it's worth $30 plus shipping; that's a lot of money. However, I can't imagine a better built version with similar characteristics, and if you want a premium product, you have to pay for it. If you purchase this, you may have buyer's remorse over the cost, but I can't see any way that you'd be disappointed with the product itself.

Seidio Holster

I have this and I have to say, it's great. The build quality is excellent. It sits on your belt and you forget it's there. It's a "face in" design too, so it protects the screen; yet it is easy to remove the phone when you need too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links