Play N1 music through car stereo?

This is a discussion on Play N1 music through car stereo? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have a 2004 mustang with an old-school CD/stereo (no audio jacks, or any jacks of any kind on the stereo.) For the past few ...

Thread: Play N1 music through car stereo?

Play N1 music through car stereo?

I have a 2004 mustang with an old-school CD/stereo (no audio jacks, or any jacks of any kind on the stereo.) For the past few years I have been using my iPod with a FM frequency connector to play music through my car stereo. Is there a device that will let me do the same thing with my Nexus One? Is there a way to stream the music from my Nexus One into my car stereo just like how I use to do it with my iPod?
    - Greymarch
    I write about technology, including the Nexus One at my website:
    http://www.greymarch.com

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Maybe this might work?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Accessory-Power-FlexSmart-System-SmartPhones/dp/B002XQ4Z00]Amazon.com: Accessory Power FlexSmart Car Mount System for PALM PRE SmartPhones - Cutting Edge FM Transmitter and Charger with DC Surge Protection and Stabilized Flex-Neck: Electronics[/ame]

YXB
    I'm using the Jabra 700. Sound is excellent without any static noise.

Jabra SP700 - Bluetooth speakerphone for your car and conference calling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

has anyone tried this? does anyone know if the mount one works with the N1? well heres a cheaper one if it does work

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Mount-System-Blackberry-Curve/dp/B0030EKVZM/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1264556068&s r=1-20]Amazon.com: Advanced Car Mount System for Blackberry Curve and Pearl - FM Transmitter & Charger - Hands-Free Calling - Car Stereo MP3 Playback - CURVE 8300 / 8310 / 8320 / 8330 / 8350i - PEARL 8100 / 8110 / 8120 / 8130: Electronics[/ame]

wmm
    I bought this and have been using it for the last couple of days. It's a very inexpensive FM transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack. You can run it either off the cigarette lighter (comes with a dedicated adapter) or a couple of AAA batteries. No static or dropouts, in my limited experience. I can't say much about the quality of the music -- I have a fairly noisy car and a cheap sound system, so it would have to be really terrible for me to notice it -- but it certainly meets my needs so far. When I get into the car I just pop the N1 into the windshield mount, plug in the car charger and FM transmitter, and start up Pandora -- takes about 15 seconds and I'm ready to go.

(Just to be clear -- the "windshield mount" and "car charger" I mentioned are pieces I already had. They're not part of the FM transmitter kit, which is just the transmitter itself and its dedicated cigarette lighter plug.)

See, what i like about the one for the blackberry is if it does work, itll be both a transmitter and charger and mount which i really do like

Ads