Nexus One Dock worth $45

This is a discussion on Nexus One Dock worth $45 within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; law blog. good one! Well the dock is very nice. It'll look good even when the phone isn't in it. Felt on the bottom is ...

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Dock worth $45

law blog. good one!

Well the dock is very nice. It'll look good even when the phone isn't in it. Felt on the bottom is a nice touch. Most of the dock is a matte black but the part that the phone fits on to is glossy. Bluetooth paired no problem. How slick is it going to be the next time I have friends over and we're talking outside and a song comes on that I want to skip. I very conspicuously pull out my phone and exclaim, "I don't feel like hearing this song right now, I think I'll change it" :cool:

Junior Member robots.in.disguise's Avatar

cheaper docks

i found a dock here for way below what other places were charging for it. Nexus One Accessories

how is the sound? are the speakers any good?

Quote Originally Posted by supsandroid View Post
    how is the sound? are the speakers any good?

The speakers are pretty decent. They are made by Boston Acoustics. I was listening to it in stereo using just the 2 front towers. My daughter was sleeping on the couch so I couldn't crank it or anything but I remember being releived at how good it sounded. I paid $45 for this dock primarily for it's music streaming capabilities and I wasn't sure how BT streamed music was going to sound but I was pleased. I have a similar dock/aux. in setup for my iPod so when I get a chance I'll compare the two and report back.

I think the dock is nice, looks nice, the connection pins are cool and stereo over blutooth is a nice touch but i wish it was cheaper. 50 bucks is a little steep. Of course it should have come with the phone. a 500 dollar phone should include a dock. I bought it anyways and im happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by r3awak3n View Post
    I think the dock is nice, looks nice, the connection pins are cool and stereo over blutooth is a nice touch but i wish it was cheaper. 50 bucks is a little steep. Of course it should have come with the phone. a 500 dollar phone should include a dock. I bought it anyways and im happy with it.
    The phone is $529 because you bought it off contract/unsubsidized and unlocked. If you want to buy the Droid, iPhone, N900 or any comparable phone without being subsidized by the mobile carrier and locking yourself into a substantially more expensive contract, you're going to pay way more than the Nexus One's price. Please stop making these nonsense complaints, it reflects poorly on the Nexus One community. The Nexus One is sold below market value (compared to 'competitors' phones) and it offers many more features, in some areas it has 2x the hardware/speed capabilities of 'competitors' in the market.

Besides that, what phones do come with docks? I've never heard of this before -- granted, I've only owned four cell phones in my life and none of them came with docks -- but I'm not sure what phones actually do offer docks.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r3awak3n View Post
    The phone is $529 because you bought it off contract/unsubsidized and unlocked. If you want to buy the Droid, iPhone, N900 or any comparable phone without being subsidized by the mobile carrier and locking yourself into a substantially more expensive contract, you're going to pay way more than the Nexus One's price. Please stop making these nonsense complaints, it reflects poorly on the Nexus One community. The Nexus One is sold below market value (compared to 'competitors' phones) and it offers many more features, in some areas it has 2x the hardware/speed capabilities of 'competitors' in the market.

Besides that, what phones do come with docks? I've never heard of this before -- granted, I've only owned four cell phones in my life and none of them came with docks -- but I'm not sure what phones actually do offer docks.

Ha, please get of my case... your opinion of my opinion of the phone price was not called into the accessories part of the forum. You are saying that my opinion reflects poorly on the N1 community when I bought the phone the first day and have been promoting it since then to friends and gadget forums. You are also talking about someone who has owned over 20 phones in the past 10 years and knows how much phones cost and what accessories come with them. Now, I am not trying to start a discussion here and I like to keep things peaceful but the Nexus one is at the right price for the phone it is (i never said it was not) but it could have a dock. There are many expensive phones that include a dock (granted their docks are not as cool as the N1s dock). Lets see an example, ready? iphone 2g. It had a dock (and it was a 400/500 dollar phone). There are other examples like the p990i that i had.

The problem is that consumers like you and I are whiling to cash 50 dollars for a piece of plastic and so companies know that they can cash extra money by selling accessories so things that normally should come with the phone, dont come...

Quote Originally Posted by robots.in.disguise View Post
    i found a dock here for way below what other places were charging for it. Nexus One Accessories

I don't think that has bluetooth connectivity, and for about the same price (shipping is around $5) I'd rather go with the google dock.

I dont' know what phones you guys have been buying but the only phone i've had a dock come with is the First iphone.

Other than that, I don't think phones usually come with docks.

And you guys are all right. I'd pay $20 for a dock, maybe even $30 since it has bluetooth. But I think the money is better spent on a case than a dock. And after getting a case, if it wont' fit in the dock it kinda is worthless.

I have the dock and I do like it. but i definitely wonder if it was worth the money. The bluetooth is good, but would be worth more if it allowed for other things to connect to it as well making it a bluetooth receiver for speakers. Honestly I use gmote for playing music remotely since i have a larger library on my computer. Aside from that it looks great on the bed side table and as an alarm clock. I'm sure i'll find some other uses for it and appreciate it, but think $35 would be more appropriate. Wouldn't mind if it had an extra battery charger as well...

Right now I've got it in my glove box and I'm using it to stream music to my car stereo. I ran an extra cigarette lighter in there to power it and I've got a 3.5mm to RCA cable running from the dock to my stereo. Kind of a hack job and it's probably temporary until I figure something else out. I just did it last night so we'll see how well it works out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links