Nexus One Dock worth $45

This is a discussion on Nexus One Dock worth $45 within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; being an old timer and coming off the PDA experience, it should have come with the phone and it should be able to charge an ...

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Dock worth $45

being an old timer and coming off the PDA experience, it should have come with the phone and it should be able to charge an extra battery. I should also be able to work with at least a minimal case on the phone. So yes, I spent the money and yes I am disappointed! Probably just get an elago stand and run dockrunner for my night time and travel pleasure.

bought the seidio innocase and loved it so i bought the desk dock. HATED it. quality of the seidio dock jr. was so horrid. i expected huge things from it since the case was so great. the part connecting to the phone swivels so it feels as if its gonna topple over. its powered by usb so you would have to purchase the ac accessory kit which is another 10 bucks. alllllso, the power light is really freakin bright and kept me awake. it does fit with the case tho. they have great customer service and took my return. my setup now? i ditched the case all together got a screen protector and got the google dock. couldnt be happier.

The bluetooth option which allows you to play your media while out of the cradle, makes this dock well worth the $45. Try comparing others devices available for purchase that are custom made, most are over $40. I have zero regrets about purchasing this dock. In fact I am considering buying a 2nd one for my desk at work.

any bluetooth device is at least $50 and most are more like $100. That alone makes it worth it. But you also get charging and a REALLY nice design!
    I've never bought a phone that came with a dock, but I would imagine any of you that have bought a phone that came with a dock it was really the phone charger that simply let the phone be upright. Not quite the same as what google ended up releasing.
    Ground shipping for this thing would be just over $7 on the west coast and about $10 to the east coast. So the thing is REALLY a $35 product, so anyone thinking it is worth $35, well IT IS. The shipping is free! this is bad marketing on their part, they should charge extra for shipping so it would seem less expensive. This is why everything ends in $.99
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Can someone explain what the point of the dock is? I'm not trying to bash the product, I just don't get it. It props up the phone and charges it, what else does it do?

Quote Originally Posted by ccoager View Post
    Can someone explain what the point of the dock is? I'm not trying to bash the product, I just don't get it. It props up the phone and charges it, what else does it do?
    I keep my phone on the side of my bed so I use it like my clock and it works perfect. Im going to get one for my desk alos for that same reason.
    Follow me on Twitter
    www.twitter.com/dchandler326

You could use the phone as an (alarm) clock without the dock, correct? You just can't prop it up, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ccoager View Post
    You could use the phone as an (alarm) clock without the dock, correct? You just can't prop it up, right?

that is correct
    Follow me on Twitter
    www.twitter.com/dchandler326

Apart from propping the phone up and charging, it also automatically puts it in clock mode OR because its docking will allow you to choose profiles for what you want the phone to do when docked.
    Additionally the phone will work with the dock using bluetooth and the dock has a 3.5mm audio out jack. this will also allow you to stream music to your dock and into a device it is connected to.
    How many of these feature you use will depend on how worth it it is to you.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Question Gold connectors?

Quick question: my dock never worked and I sent it back. I just looked at the bottom of my phone for the gold connectors.

How many should there be?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links