Nexus One Dock worth $45

This is a discussion on Nexus One Dock worth $45 within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; There are 3 gold connectors. The fourth hole is the mic....

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Dock worth $45

There are 3 gold connectors. The fourth hole is the mic.

I bought one of these with my N1, my friend was bringing it to me (I live in Brazil) and it got stolen at the airport (baggage handlers suck!). Sad story...

Be glad your phone did not get stolen!

I think it should have been included when I purchased the phone; but after using it I REALLY want it to allow my phone to go landscape (Sideways). It sits next to my bed, and I would like the wide clock, not the tall clock.

Just seems expensive to me. The car dock doesn't impress me what so ever, so I guess the home dock taught me my lesson. I'll find a nice windshield sucker holder for the phone and continue to use a USB/Cigarette lighter cord.

Seems they could do such a better job with accessories since the phone is just astoundingly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by NLN1 View Post
    Be glad your phone did not get stolen!
    True, when she called me and said she had bad news my heart freezed, I thought it was about the phone. At the end the handler stole the Dock, the charger and the headphones. A friend of mine who works at a Mobile Service Provider got me a SonyEricsson microusb charger and I'm using it since then...

I got the Nexus One Desktop Cradle with 2nd Battery Charger because I thought it's cheaper but i really don't like it too much. It does its job but it's huge and doesn't look good at all. What I really don't like is that it doesn't use the contacts on the bottom of the phone but the same inlet you use to charge it normally. Whenever I put my Nexus One in there I have to move it around a little bit until if finally fits and I'm always afraid that I could break the little plastic thing with the contacts on it. I don't have a spare battery but the LED for it is always flashing green and red, the blue LED at the front is always on - no matter if charging or not. The USB-Wall adapter is nice but has another LED that never turns off.

So I ordered the the original Nexus One desktop charger right from google and I love it. It looks so much better, it's slim, small and very elegant. No waste of space like the other one. No annoying LEDs flashing and I get the phone in and out of it easily.
    I do think that $45 is quite a lot but just think about how expensive apple accessories are. This dock comes with a nice audio cable too.

So I want to put this dock next to my bed and use it as a alarm clock... but also I would like to connect it to my speaker... hmmm... what to do?? Buy two? I can't do that!

advice?

The one thing that most of you are overlooking is the possible long term effects of using those aftermarket docks. Not sure if this problem exists for the Nexus One, but on the iPhone, when you put the phone in the dock, it holds the phone at an angle and supports the weight of the phone at that contact point. What i noticed over time was a small crack at the base of my iPhone that resulted from this pressure. All of the aftermarket docks that i have seen support the phone using this same method, rather than using the three gold contacts and actual cradling(support) that the OEM dock uses. Perhaps it was a design flaw in the iPhone and won't effect to the Nexus One. Either way, I'm glad i bought the OEM dock. I haven't used the bluetooth feature as my music library is on my computer rather than my phone.

I just got my Google desktop dock yesterday.

My phone charges every time I put it in the dock but I found if I don't put my phone in the dock in just the right way, clock app and bluetooth don't launch.

I tried cleaning the contacts with a pencil eraser and the contacts all look good and not damaged.

Also, I have an iMac. Anyway to connect the sound output to that? All I have is a Mic input with a single stereo plug. If I get a cable from Radio Shack with stereo plugs at both ends will that work?

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney View Post
    Also, I have an iMac. Anyway to connect the sound output to that? All I have is a Mic input with a single stereo plug. If I get a cable from Radio Shack with stereo plugs at both ends will that work?
    Most laptops only have mono in on the mic port (I don't know about the Macs). You might look at the documentation and see if that's true.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links