Nexus One Dock worth $45

This is a discussion on Nexus One Dock worth $45 within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I know this is a small price for a $500+ phone but it seems a bit excessive as most smartphones come w/dock included. Is the ...

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Dock worth $45

Nexus One Dock worth $45

I know this is a small price for a $500+ phone but it seems a bit excessive as most smartphones come w/dock included.

Is the dock worth the price?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've never had a phone that came with a dock... Granted, I haven't really had a lot of phones... Couple Nextel's, an early Motorola Smartphone, BB, and iPhones...
    I WANT IT ALL, And I want it delivered by cute, naked women.

I waited for the dock and decided it was totally not worth $45.

I then went to monoprice.com and got a crapload of stuff for $20 shipped.

To me it all depends on the features; I would at least like the following:
    1. It should prop up the phone so I can read it
    2. It should let me charge an extra battery

It's a better deal if you opt for free shipping. Mine was shipped same day and arrived the next day anyway!

I'd expect the retail to be about 29.99. I see that it comes with free FedEx ground, so thats probably factored into the final price.

It doesn't seem to have all that many features, so it would have to be $19.99 or so to spark my interest. I know that some people have more of a use for it then me, though.

In the end, it's worth what people are willing to pay for it.

20 bucks seems about right to me. Not enough features to warrant a $45 price tag, even though you can get free fed-ex shipping.
    - Greymarch
    I write about technology, including the Nexus One at my website:
    http://www.greymarch.com

With the BT it comes with $35. Without, $20.
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking $20 would just be for a dumb dock that charges your phone. This one comes with BT and audio out cables. That's got to be worth at least $15 no? So that's $35. Throw in shipping and $45 isn't terribly overpriced IMO.
    Anyways, it's waiting for me at my house so I'll report back after I check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking $20 would just be for a dumb dock that charges your phone. This one comes with BT and audio out cables. That's got to be worth at least $15 no? So that's $35. Throw in shipping and $45 isn't terribly overpriced IMO.
    Anyways, it's waiting for me at my house so I'll report back after I check it out.

Write about it on your law blog!

First off, for some perspective, just about any apple accessory like this will cost you $50, if not $70+ or in the triple digits if Apple actually made it -- so I'm not complaining too much.

Having said that, I'm with most of the folks here/in the poll, I think $45 is a too much for my personal needs/budget. The bluetooth connection being able to play music even when undocked sounds awesome. I can imagine having a party and running the playlist from afar via phone.

I'd kind of like more functionality for almost half a bill though, or some sort of solution for charging when you have a case on the phone -- longer contact pins on the dock perhaps?

I wish the prices wa to the Droid docs. Actually, now that I mention that, the Droid dock doesn't have BT does it? I think it's just a USB plug, but it can play audio through the dock. I think Bluetooth is a better feature though but not worth almost twice the price.

I'm hoping the car dock comes soon and has some bonus functionality.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links