Satisfied with your Seido Innocase II?

This is a discussion on Satisfied with your Seido Innocase II? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi! I have been reading this forum in the last few days in anticipation of receiving both my Nexus One and the Seidio Innocase 2 ...

View Poll Results: Will the EVO 3D Sell Out?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 33.33%
  • No

2 66.67%
  • Undecided

0 0%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Satisfied with your Seido Innocase II?

Hi! I have been reading this forum in the last few days in anticipation of receiving both my Nexus One and the Seidio Innocase 2 and their Ultimate Screen Guard...what a great forum! and a great phone too btw

but I digress...
    I just wanted to say how happy I am with my Innocase, and indeed with the whole Seidio shopping experience...I placed my order for the rose pink Innocase and a double pack of the screen guard [just in case!] on the 10th of February. I received an email on the 11th to say that my case was on backorder but not to worry as shipments were arriving all the time and my order would be processed asap. On the 12th of Feb I got an email to say it was dispatched and here I am today three days later with my Innocase in hand! I am very happy with both products - installation of the USG was very easy [once I cleaned my screen with a mircofibre cloth] I was initially worried as I had read in some of the posts that people were having difficulty using the Innocase with the USG but using the Seidio live chat feature, I asked one of the customer services reps. would I damage the screen/screen protector if I used them together and she told me that as long as I placed the USG in the centre of the screen, both products would work together fine...and as you can see from my pictures, she was right! Sliding on the Innnocase was very easy. There are two small air bubbles in the USG where the bottom part of the Innocase meets the top, but as you can see they're not too visible. I have a feeling that removing the Innocase might be a little more difficult now that the USG is on, but I'm not really planning on having to take the case off...except to install a larger microSD card. The case certainly feels like it is worth the $30...the soft feel is very tactile and I've had no loss of touch screen sensitivity with the USG in place. If I was to have one small complaint it would be the price of shipping the products to Ireland - while I suppose it was worth the $28 dollars to have it here within 5 days of ordering, I would prefer to have the option of slower and cheaper postage rates in the future. The customer service rep did recommend maybe trying Smartphones, Netbooks and Laptops - eXpansys UK as an alternative but as of yet they don't have any Nexus One products in stock.

I'm really happy with the rose pink colour of the Innocase...it's subtle and fits in very well with the Nexus One body imo.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Order process???

I ordered the ash cases and clip combo last week and have still not received an email conformation or anything. When I go to web site, it tells me that my order is still processing. How long does it take to acknowledge an order?

Quote Originally Posted by mary View Post
    I was initially worried as I had read in some of the posts that people were having difficulty using the Innocase with the USG but using the Seidio live chat feature, I asked one of the customer services reps. would I damage the screen/screen protector if I used them together and she told me that as long as I placed the USG in the centre of the screen, both products would work together fine...and as you can see from my pictures, she was right! Sliding on the Innnocase was very easy. There are two small air bubbles in the USG where the bottom part of the Innocase meets the top, but as you can see they're not too visible.
    I'm glad that you are happy with your Seidio screen protector/case combo but imo the rep wasn't right when she said they would work together fine. Maybe I'm just being anal but those 2 air bubbles you have at the top left corner are exactly where I was having my issues and that's a deal breaker for me (although I didn't ask for my money back).

If you do end up taking the case off, I know of one person that was able to use a nail file to trim the case down a bit on that side and get everything to come out perfect.

screen protector with innocase

so i've read different things by different people, and it seems like everyone has a screen protector already on the N1. but i thought the screen itself didn't need a screen protector? the question i have is: will sliding on the innocase 2 scratch the screen without a screen protector?
    and its confirmed that it doesn't attract lint much but its rubbery?

thanks very much

Quote Originally Posted by minico88 View Post
    I ordered the ash cases and clip combo last week and have still not received an email conformation or anything. When I go to web site, it tells me that my order is still processing. How long does it take to acknowledge an order?
    Can you PM me your order # so I can follow up today ?

Seidio

You don't need a screen protector if you don't want but still be careful. The screen is scratch resistant but not proof. Meaning you can still scratch the screen. It's just not as easy to scratch it.

I used my case before I put the screen protector for a day or so and I didn't see any indication of screen scratching problems in the future.

As far as collecting dust. It does but less then all the silicone cases for other phones I've used. You probably wouldn't notice it.
    PDA's to Windows Mobile to Android... G1 to Cliq to Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by terranz View Post
    so i've read different things by different people, and it seems like everyone has a screen protector already on the N1. but i thought the screen itself didn't need a screen protector? the question i have is: will sliding on the innocase 2 scratch the screen without a screen protector?
    and its confirmed that it doesn't attract lint much but its rubbery?

thanks very much
    definitely does not attract lint in the pocket - as far as I know it's only the rubbery silicone covers that the do that - it has a soft feel but doesn't get all dusty

and as regards putting on the innocase without the screen protector it doesn't scratch the screen at all - in fact it slides on and off quite easily - the case is flock lined so I suppose that helps with the sliding!

and thanks Bob Loblaw...it's good to know that I can resort to using a nail file if all else fails although I'm not sure if my review of the Innocase would be as glowing if I had to!!!!

After viewing all the photos, I notice that some cases have 3 cutouts at the bottom (usb, mic, gold connectors) and some of them only have one (usb).

If I order it, I want to make sure that it has the 3 cutouts at the bottom.

I just got this case from SeidioOnline and quickly used it on my Nexus One. But I put a screen protector first which I also from Seidio. The thing is, when I was sliding in the case, it hit the edge of the screen protector causing bubbles to slip in.

Anybody experienced this also?

A lot of people have. The best thing to do is make sure the screen protector is as centered as possible.

When putting the case on try to use a little upwards pressure to make sure the screen protector and the case come into as little contact as possible.

In an earlier post someone said they knew someone who had luck using a nail file to shave the edges down to make it fit better.

Good luck.
    PDA's to Windows Mobile to Android... G1 to Cliq to Nexus One

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links