Need advice about phone covers (bestskinsever, etc.)

This is a discussion on Need advice about phone covers (bestskinsever, etc.) within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just purchased the Nexus One, it will arrive tomorrow. I also ordered a bestskinsever total body skin ( Google Nexus One Skin ) in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice about phone covers (bestskinsever, etc.)

Need advice about phone covers (bestskinsever, etc.)

I just purchased the Nexus One, it will arrive tomorrow. I also ordered a bestskinsever total body skin (Google Nexus One Skin) in haste and now I'm having second thoughts about it: 1. Maybe it is difficult to install for a first timer. 2. Might be hard to remove or leave a residue. 3. Will the skin allow me to open the battery compartment? 4. Can I still add a rubberzied hard case like this (SMOKE CLEAR Rubberized Hard Case Google Nexus 1 One - eBay (item 250571016058 end time Feb-26-10 23:43:18 PST)) on top of the total body skin?

Basically I'm looking for a way to protect the Nexus one from scratches, and am also interested in the rubberized hard cases if they add extra protection in addition to the easy grip. But there are many products out there and I would like to find the best one.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I personally have the bse skin for mine. and i highly recommend it. if your a first timer then you will most likely have difficulty. I used a soapy water solution with a hair dryer to get the corners down. yes you will be able to remove the battery cover with it on.
    i recommend starting with the big pieces first to get a feel for installing them and work your way to the more complex pieces.

if you ned to remove it its very easy. it will leave zero residue. I love bse and use then for all my phones

Thanks for the reply. How is the feel of the BSE? Am I right to assume that the full body BSE won't allow me to add the rubberized hard case I mentioned in my first post? If so perhaps it might be better to use the screen only BSE and use the rubberized hard case for the body, the advantage of this being that it is might be easier to grip and might provide better shock absorption if the phone falls. I assume the BSE full body is only for scratch proofing?

You should be able to use any case with the BSE. I haven't received it for my nexus one yet but I do have the full BSE for my Ipod and I have used multiple cases with no problems except that the BSE and other case can "stick" together. I have always got it removed it just doesn't slide out easily sometimes. Only happens when the interior was a plastic type material. hopefully that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by angusii View Post
    You should be able to use any case with the BSE. I haven't received it for my nexus one yet but I do have the full BSE for my Ipod and I have used multiple cases with no problems except that the BSE and other case can "stick" together. I have always got it removed it just doesn't slide out easily sometimes. Only happens when the interior was a plastic type material. hopefully that makes sense.
    Ok. Thanks for the reply.

Just a heads up, that case will not fit with the BSE. I have the crystal clear version of that case, and I ended up taking my BSE off to get it in there. Things you can leave on the phone in that case are: screen area, top front cover, bottom front cover.

The case is very form fitting, and any interference will make it fit funny. Take your BSE, cover the screen then put the case on and live happily ever after.
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like my N1 naked! Over a month, couple drops, and not a scratch......

I use the best skins ever, cheap and effective. I had them on my iphone and blackberry, after long use I removed and both looked new, kept the re-sale value high and the devices looking awesome. I get the incase 2 in a few days, not sure how it will fit over. I got the full body BSE, but you may want to just go with the screen and an incase...

G

I use a leather case, adds a bit of bulk, but i know and i have dropped it.

no scratch / malfunctions, pretty cool case.

PDair Leather Case for HTC Google Nexus One - Book Type (Black) by PDair - PDair.com

take a look if u wanna

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    Just a heads up, that case will not fit with the BSE. I have the crystal clear version of that case, and I ended up taking my BSE off to get it in there. Things you can leave on the phone in that case are: screen area, top front cover, bottom front cover.

The case is very form fitting, and any interference will make it fit funny. Take your BSE, cover the screen then put the case on and live happily ever after.
    Thought that might be an issue. Thanks for the heads up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links