Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; My god that back cover is ugly! Don't mean to put it down, im sure the battery is great, but that back cover has to ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One

My god that back cover is ugly! Don't mean to put it down, im sure the battery is great, but that back cover has to go.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

Is it gong to have the same problem with the Droid where the extended battery itself has plenty of juice, but the battery reader / meter still thinks the battery is drained?

also is Seidio going to develop an app to overide such issues?

thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by phoniac
    Is it gong to have the same problem with the Droid where the extended battery itself has plenty of juice, but the battery reader / meter still thinks the battery is drained?

thank you very much.
    Hello,

Please be advised that our engineers have confirmed that the Nexus One will not experience this firmware issue as it is developed by a completely different company (HTC vs Motorola). The battery will charge to full and show accurate capacity.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phoniac

thank you very much.
    Hello,

Please be advised that our engineers have confirmed that the Nexus One will not experience this firmware issue as it is developed by a completely different company (HTC vs Motorola). The battery will charge to full and show accurate capacity.

Regards,
    That's nice to hear, and mostly likely will make the purchase beginning of next month (when the pay cheque is in).

Also looking forward to the fix with the Droid also, since I already bought that battery already.

cheers.

Seidio Extended 2800

OK guys. I got my extended 2800 the other day. Juiced it up for good 8 hours and took it off the charger at 10am. Been on the phone and texting and messing with the damn phone all day. 3G - no wifi and killing open programs pretty religiously . It is 5:15 and I am at 74%. Can you say AWESOME. And since this was the first charge, it is probably going to get even a little better in week or so. Now that it in hand, let me dispel a couple myths. 1) Too bulky - NO WAY. It is only 6mm thicker and the phone has pretty much the same feel as the regular battery with the Innocase II on. The phone actually feels better in the hand and does not always feel like it is going to slip out of my hands. 2) New door is ugly - THAT IS BS. Seidio used the same type of non slip as the original battery door. The fit is perfect. No squeeking or looking like the door was an afterthought. This thing looks as good as OEM.
    The whole dynamic of the phone changes now that you play, email, talk and text until you are blue in the face. It is just AWESOME that you can go the whole day and more without even remotely being worried about battery going dead. I have purchased the 1600 as well and there is really no reason to go 1600 when the 2800 is DOUBLE the juice.

My advice to anyone contemplating the purchase is RUN AND BUY THiS. The whole experience is taken to another level. Along with batteries I have also purchased other stuff from seidio and cannot say enough about the product quality, customer support etc

Quote Originally Posted by smullins View Post
    OK guys. I got my extended 2800 the other day. Juiced it up for good 8 hours and took it off the charger at 10am. Been on the phone and texting and messing with the damn phone all day. 3G - no wifi and killing open programs pretty religiously . It is 5:15 and I am at 74%. Can you say AWESOME. And since this was the first charge, it is probably going to get even a little better in week or so. Now that it in hand, let me dispel a couple myths. 1) Too bulky - NO WAY. It is only 6mm thicker and the phone has pretty much the same feel as the regular battery with the Innocase II on. The phone actually feels better in the hand and does not always feel like it is going to slip out of my hands. 2) New door is ugly - THAT IS BS. Seidio used the same type of non slip as the original battery door. The fit is perfect. No squeeking or looking like the door was an afterthought. This thing looks as good as OEM.
    The whole dynamic of the phone changes now that you play, email, talk and text until you are blue in the face. It is just AWESOME that you can go the whole day and more without even remotely being worried about battery going dead. I have purchased the 1600 as well and there is really no reason to go 1600 when the 2800 is DOUBLE the juice.

My advice to anyone contemplating the purchase is RUN AND BUY THiS. The whole experience is taken to another level. Along with batteries I have also purchased other stuff from seidio and cannot say enough about the product quality, customer support etc
    I like what I'm reading can you take some pictures

I just got my battery today. I will be charging it for 10+ hours tonight and putting it through some rigorous testing tomorrow.

The added thickness takes a minute to get used to.

I like the idea of an extended battery. But how is the quality of the new battery door? Ive put extended batteries and new doors on other phone and hated them. It seemed the quality of the replacement door was horrible. It didn't seem to fit the phone well at all and at times would come off. How does your product compare. Is it as secure as the original door.

we need pictures, please!!! thanks!

Thanks for the mini review smullins. Now I really want to get it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links