Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; i think im going to get one!...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One

i think im going to get one!

Just to give everyone an update, i pulled my N1 off the charger yesterday at 10am. NOTE: THIS WAS AFTER ONLY THE FIRST FULL CHARGE ON THE 2800. Still have not plugged it back in and I am at 23%. Have downloaded / updated about 4 programs and usual calls, email texts. Also, keep in mind i have flyscreen and slidescreen which are both continually polling facebook, twitter and gmail. I get 300-400 emails a day so basically the gmail connection is on 24 *7. I would venture to say that if you were uber dilgent on polling intervals you could easily get a string day and half of strong use. IMHO, all I want from a battery is one FULL DAY of doing whatever the hell I want. For me the 2800 is the ultimate battery. Basically abuse the phone all day, plug it in at night. Wake up and repeat. As I said earlier, the whole dynamic of using the phone changes when you are not so consumed with worrying about battery. I'm sure this will lead to bad habits in terms of not closing programs and polling way to much but the 2800 is like having the phone plugged in all day. I am hoping after a couple cycles it will get a little better but to be honest, it is mission complete as far as I am concerned. The smaller batteries are great on the weekend or when you going to dinner for couple hours and want something slim for a sport coat jacket or shirt pocket but even with the extended it does not even come close to being burdensome.

I will post one last time when it finally quits. I know you guys are all asking for photos but the only camera i have is the phone :-) Believe it or not, the photos posted on Seidio are exactly what you get. They did not shoot with weird angles to try to trick you. i have an old blackberry bold and the N1 extended is the same thickness as BB Bold with case.

OK, it's dead. 3% at 2pm ET. Basically went from 10am yesterday to right now. Heavy use and no recharging from time it was taken off the power yesterday.

Here is a rundown of what I have put this battery through today:

1 hour navigation
    2.5 hours streaming Pandora via bluetooth
    5-6 hours active web browsing, market browsing, 2 app updates, and a restart
    Gmail syncing often
    Other email syncing every hour
    Wave Live Wallpaper
    25 minutes of phonecalls
    Brightness is at standard auto-adjusting style
    Misc. Google Buzz browsing in Maps with GPS on all day.

3g was forced manually throughout most of the day to ensure that the battery wasn't getting an easy ride on the EDGE wave.

18 hours of that abuse and I still have 26% battery left.

I thought the case was bulky at first. It really did bug me; however, I am finding that the thickness actually makes the phone more comfortable for me to type on and hold and it increases my typing accuracy. It just feels a little different in my pocket than it used to is all.

P.S. If you take off the battery cover but leave the battery in, it can charge via the Google dock.

2800 for typing

Diablos 991 makes a GREAT POINT. Not sure if I represent the majority, but trying to single handedly text a quick reply with the standard, OEM battery & back was a joke. Phone is too thin and slippery. My thumb was hitting everything. With the 2800 attached, it is completely stable.

Also thanks for Google dock hint. You basically squashed my only pet peeve with this.

Great tip!!

Quote Originally Posted by smullins View Post
    Diablos 991 makes a GREAT POINT. Not sure if I represent the majority, but trying to single handedly text a quick reply with the standard, OEM battery & back was a joke. Phone is too thin and slippery. My thumb was hitting everything. With the 2800 attached, it is completely stable.

Also thanks for Google dock hint. You basically squashed my only pet peeve with this.

Great tip!!
    The Nexus One is awfully thin. That's supposed to be a selling point, I suppose, but laying it side by side with my old original model iPhone, it's about the exact same size. And just like the original iPhone with it's flat back and ultra-thin design, it's like trying to hold a wet bar of soap sometimes...especially when trying to pick it up off the desk/counter/table. Not much for these thick fingers to latch onto. The iPhone 3G & 3G[s] actually have a much nicer shape for holding onto and not feeling like you're going to drop it. The curved back gives you plenty of room to grab on to with your fingers when picking up, and the curved back fits nicely into your palm for a nice secure grip.

All my iPhones had Mophie Juicepack external batteries, and I'd have jumped on one of those if they made anything but Apple accessories.

Anyways, because of the Juicepacks, I'm used to a thicker than designed phone with double the battery life, so I don't anticipate too much adjustment to the Seidio.

My Seidios arrive today, assuming FedEx doesn't drop the ball. I ordered both the 1600 and 2800 mah batteries. My thinking was the 1600 for everyday use (no extra case) and the 2800 for those days when I'll be away from the car charger or a desk charger/USB port for extended periods. With the iPhone, I really learned to just dock/charge the things every time I was anywhere near a power source. I rarely attach the battery packs after adopting that habit.

I hope the case comes off easily for putting it into the Nexus One dock - I really like the dock, and I purchased two of them (one for the desk and one for the nightstand. Seems like it will be a pain to have to take the back off to dock.

Has anyone ordered the Seidio dock? I'm curious if it triggers the dock/clock program like the Nexus One's dock does.

RogueSpear
    I was wondering if anybody could verify that this battery is compatible with the Innocase holster or if the phone will still squeeze it's way into a Innocase II Surface. Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by DistortedLoop View Post
    The Nexus One is awfully thin. That's supposed to be a selling point
    I think it's rather sad that here in the U.S. everything has to be bigger and thinner... here's what I mean:

Bigger - Wouldn't the population love a Nexus One with 64GB internal storage!

Thinner - Wouldn't the population love a Nexus One that was 8mm "thin"!

I believe we've hit the point of diminishing returns. For a phone, once you get to the 10-11mm mark, you just start reducing the users ability to use the device properly, i.e. holding it comfortably to dial, text, etc... go much thinner and you'll risk introducing flex into the body which will require some sort of rigid frame.

I wish the American public would get off the "thin" bandwagon and look to usability. This would allow manufacturers and designers to actually build phones that would hold a larger capacity battery without the need for 3rd party designed covers, etc... sorry Seidio, I know this would cut into your profits (for the record, I own both size Seidio batteries for my Nexus), but how "thin" do we need to go?

im inpressed!! just got my N1 and going to order this!

Quote Originally Posted by misticjeff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DistortedLoop View Post
    The Nexus One is awfully thin. That's supposed to be a selling point
    I think it's rather sad that here in the U.S. everything has to be bigger and thinner... here's what I mean:

Bigger - Wouldn't the population love a Nexus One with 64GB internal storage!

Thinner - Wouldn't the population love a Nexus One that was 8mm "thin"!

I believe we've hit the point of diminishing returns. For a phone, once you get to the 10-11mm mark, you just start reducing the users ability to use the device properly, i.e. holding it comfortably to dial, text, etc... go much thinner and you'll risk introducing flex into the body which will require some sort of rigid frame.

I wish the American public would get off the "thin" bandwagon and look to usability. This would allow manufacturers and designers to actually build phones that would hold a larger capacity battery without the need for 3rd party designed covers, etc... sorry Seidio, I know this would cut into your profits (for the record, I own both size Seidio batteries for my Nexus), but how "thin" do we need to go?
    re: "Bigger" - I disagree. Of course we'd love "MORE" memory. Some of us would actually use that much (64gb) if available to us. I've got a 195 gigabyte iTunes library (much of that's video), and the more of it I could have in my pocket, great. I think 32gb is the sweet spot in terms of amount of room vs. cost/need on a phone/pda/player - at least for me. My 32gb iPhone 3G[s] was filled to about 29gb with apps/data/music/videos usually. Some iPhone apps are 1 or 2 gigabytes!

re: "Thinner" - yep, the Nexus One is too thin in my opinion. The original iPhone was too thin. (Like I said above, I think they're the same thickness, or so close as to be indistinguishable.) My Palm Treo 700 was way too thick, though. I had a Palm Vxx PDA years ago, it was as thin as the N1, but much wider, so easy to hold. There's a sweet spot in-between the Nexus One and the Palm Treo, and I think Apple actually found it with the iPhone, at least for my size hands. The curved back makes a big difference, too.

Speaking of "flex", if you haven't watched the Google produced 5 part video series showing the design, build, testing process of the Nexus One, it's a MUST SEE. The stress testing where they use a piston to flex the Nexus One is unbelievable! And the tumble test makes you want to cringe.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links