Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I received the 1600 and 2800 batteries yesterday. Be forewarned that they arrive with ZERO charge in them, and require an 8 hour charge on ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One

I received the 1600 and 2800 batteries yesterday. Be forewarned that they arrive with ZERO charge in them, and require an 8 hour charge on first use.

I've started with the 1600 mah battery. That's another 15% battery life over stock in theory, and I can carry the 1400 mah stock in my pocket easy enough for a spare. I'll probably do this rather than bother with the 2800 mah and its replacement back after all.

Why do I think I won't bother with the 2800?

That backing is horrible! With all due respect to previous poster who likes it, it's just hideous. It looks terrible, feels flimsy, and doesn't even fit the phone correctly. Very poor design and workmanship. Maybe I got a "bad one" in the fit department, but it's not a very aesthetic design.

First off, it's black. Why not make it the color of the current back so that it matches the phone? D'oh!

As to the fit, when attached to my phone, there's a very large (1/8" inch?) gap between the back of the phone and the case in the bottom 1/4 of the case. It just looks cheap like that. Aesthetics aside, this is a problem with putting it into your pocket, as the gap acts like jaws and can wedge into your pocket edge or other items in your pocket. This is just bad design.

I've posted a dozen of pics on picassa to illustrate:

Using the 1600 in the phone and carry the 1400 in pocket as a spare will actually give ~7% more battery life, and far less bulk in my pocket than the 2800 back replacement causes. Slightly inconvenient to have to swap battery mid-day if it gets to that, but less inconvenient than a poorly fitting back on the phone catching on things.

I hope Seidio has an easy return policy.

My phone is still in transit via shipping so it may look like I am speaking out of my arse on this one.

1) If you use a different battery, you will have to use a different back cover? This will automatically remove your engraving right?

2)If you use the 1600 MAH battery, does that mean you'll be able to use your original cover, which still has the engraving on, and it would be a proper fit?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HypoGXII View Post
    1) If you use a different battery, you will have to use a different back cover? This will automatically remove your engraving right?
    Only if the different battery is larger in physical dimensions than the stock battery.

Quote Originally Posted by HypoGXII View Post
    2)If you use the 1600 MAH battery, does that mean you'll be able to use your original cover, which still has the engraving on, and it would be a proper fit?
    Seidio's Innocell 1600 is the same size as the stock battery and fits just fine with the stock case. You won't lose your engravings.

The 2800 requires the replacement back, and you will cover up, but not lose, your engravings.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortedLoop View Post
    I received the 1600 and 2800 batteries yesterday. Be forewarned that they arrive with ZERO charge in them, and require an 8 hour charge on first use.

I've started with the 1600 mah battery. That's another 15% battery life over stock in theory, and I can carry the 1400 mah stock in my pocket easy enough for a spare. I'll probably do this rather than bother with the 2800 mah and its replacement back after all.

That backing is horrible! With all due respect to previous poster who likes it, it's just hideous. It looks terrible, feels flimsy, and doesn't even fit the phone correctly. Very poor design and workmanship. Maybe I got a "bad one" in the fit department, but it's not a very aesthetic design.

First off, it's black. Why not make it the color of the current back so that it matches the phone? D'oh!

As to the fit, when attached to my phone, there's a very large (1/8" inch?) gap between the back of the phone and the case in the bottom 1/4 of the case. It just looks cheap like that. Aesthetics aside, this is a problem with putting it into your pocket, as the gap acts like jaws and can wedge into your pocket edge or other items in your pocket. This is just bad design.

Using the 1600 in the phone and carry the 1400 in pocket as a spare will actually give ~7% more battery life, and far less bulk in my pocket than the 2800 back replacement causes. Slightly inconvenient to have to swap battery mid-day if it gets to that, but less inconvenient than a poorly fitting back on the phone catching on things.

thank you for the pictues man. I was about to order one. thought it was a tight fit. but damn that gap is huge. I rather suffer with the constant recharge and carry a bulky extra battery then having that werid case.

again thanks man

Oh man, it looked bad in the site pictures, but the back of the extended battery is HORRIFIC. That gap and shape is horrible. I would NOT buy that in 1000 years.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I would prefer one that didn't hang out like that. The battery doesn't actually go down to the bottom does it? I thought that extra part was to make it more normal looking so that it didn't have a bulge in the back. A bulge is better than that gap. Thanks for the pictures. I'm still deciding on the case, but battery life has been really good for me recently.

Wow, that's looks bad. Imagine the dirt and dust that will get into that large of a gap and how often it will get caught on something.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortedLoop View Post

I received mine and it satisfies my needs perfectly. Phone is now thicker, but the extended battery life is what I needed and it makes it a lot easier to hold in one hand. Also, I am not a teenager, so I could care less about looks or build quality for something like a battery cover, to me it looks fine and feels great in hand. Dust? Do you realize there are plenty of other holes in the phone where the dust accumulates? Anyway, it's an excellent product and I give it a 5 stars. Thank you Seidio!

Quote Originally Posted by DistortedLoop

Hello,

We are sorry about your experience. The battery door was designed to maintain a flush back to avoid the "hump" on the back of the phone. But the large gap on your phone definitely does not sound normal, please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to look into it for you!

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DistortedLoop

Hello,

We are sorry about your experience. The battery door was designed to maintain a flush back to avoid the "hump" on the back of the phone. But the large gap on your phone definitely does not sound normal, please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to look into it for you!

Regards,
    I just looked at mine and it looks exactly like in the pictures posted. So it's not flush, there is a small gap and if you press on it, there is slight movement. If your intention was to make this flush then there is obviously some design flaw.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links