Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by klas I received mine and it satisfies my needs perfectly. Phone is now thicker, but the extended battery life is what I ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by klas View Post
    I received mine and it satisfies my needs perfectly. Phone is now thicker, but the extended battery life is what I needed and it makes it a lot easier to hold in one hand. Also, I am not a teenager, so I could care less about looks or build quality for something like a battery cover, to me it looks fine and feels great in hand. Dust? Do you realize there are plenty of other holes in the phone where the dust accumulates? Anyway, it's an excellent product and I give it a 5 stars. Thank you Seidio!
    I'm hardly a teenager, LOL, I'm pushing 50 years old!

As a mature adult who expects quality products, I do care about build quality. I'll gladly pay more for something that's built well and will stand up to normal daily use. The case I received doesn't appear to fit those criteria, that gap is just too big to accept.

As for looks, look back a page or two and find my post where I said I was ordering the thing. I said I wasn't too concerned about looks, or added bulk, but you know what, given two products that perform similarly, I will choose one that looks better, all other things being equal.

Does your case have the gap? Would you mind posting some pics?

Complaints about the case aside, the 1600 mah battery will actually, with some tweaking of settings on the Nexus One, get me through a whole day without having to charge the battery after a couple of trial days. Granted, come bed time, the thing's flashing at 5% charge left. I highly recommend it. Fits inside and adds just enough juice to get you through the day.

I'll bet the 2800 mah is heaven if you can live with the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshhawaii View Post
    I would prefer one that didn't hang out like that. The battery doesn't actually go down to the bottom does it? I thought that extra part was to make it more normal looking so that it didn't have a bulge in the back. A bulge is better than that gap. Thanks for the pictures. I'm still deciding on the case, but battery life has been really good for me recently.
    The battery is the same size as the stock battery in width and depth, it's just taller than the stock one. The case just extends so far presumably to give it a more comfortable grip in the hand and smoother look overall. I think they went for the right idea with the design, it just didn't hit the mark with the one I received.

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

We are sorry about your experience. The battery door was designed to maintain a flush back to avoid the "hump" on the back of the phone. But the large gap on your phone definitely does not sound normal, please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to look into it for you!

Regards,
    Will do. Thanks.

There is no need to take pics because mine looks exactly like yours. There's a small gap but nothing that I would be too concerned about. I just spent the whole day with the extended battery and I am loving it even if it means having a gap in the cover. What I really want now is to protect the front. Is there any options for front cover only?

N_1
    Will the 2800 battery work with the innocase II?

Will it also work with the Google N1 dock that is on the google store?
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

No it will not work with the Inno case. Works with Seido own dock, not sure about Google dock

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post

I read that if you take off the battery cover, it will work on the dock. I am using the 1600 today for the first time and my initial reaction is that this may be just enough of a bump to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post

I read that if you take off the battery cover, it will work on the dock. I am using the 1600 today for the first time and my initial reaction is that this may be just enough of a bump to make a difference.
    I'm actually charging my 2800 battery for the first time right now. Short answer is yes, if you take the battery cover off the back, you can use the Google dock.

Long answer is, yes you can use the Google dock if you take the cover off, but the phone barely rests in the dock, and it's difficult to get it to balance just right. If you already have the Google dock, you'll know that the phone really just sort of leans/rests on a very narrow lip to begin with, now add in the protruding extra battery and it's not doing anything good for the stability of the phone in the dock. I think a very little nudge would knock it right out.

As for the 1600, that was my assumption before even buying it, and it's mostly played out. I can certainly make it through a work day without a charge, and even a full 18 hours a couple of days. It's certainly noticeably longer than with the stock battery, though not extraordinarily so.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortedLoop View Post

I'm actually charging my 2800 battery for the first time right now. Short answer is yes, if you take the battery cover off the back, you can use the Google dock.

Long answer is, yes you can use the Google dock if you take the cover off, but the phone barely rests in the dock, and it's difficult to get it to balance just right. If you already have the Google dock, you'll know that the phone really just sort of leans/rests on a very narrow lip to begin with, now add in the protruding extra battery and it's not doing anything good for the stability of the phone in the dock. I think a very little nudge would knock it right out.

As for the 1600, that was my assumption before even buying it, and it's mostly played out. I can certainly make it through a work day without a charge, and even a full 18 hours a couple of days. It's certainly noticeably longer than with the stock battery, though not extraordinarily so.
    I can notice a difference in the 1600 as well, but I'm disappointed in how much. I'm on the fence as of now whether it was worth it.

I can notice a difference in the 1600 as well, but I'm disappointed in how much. I'm on the fence as of now whether it was worth it.
    The 1600 is only a 14% increase in mah, so the difference shouldn't be drastic, but it's enough to give you another hour or two depending on your use, maybe more, maybe less if you're a heavy user.

I wouldn't look at a purchase of the 1600 as a massive battery life improver, it's more like just buying a spare battery to keep in your pocket or someplace else that's handy when out and about and unable to charge. Of course, the Siedio would become the primary battery and the stock would become the spare.

For perspective, before these batteries were available for the Nexus One, I picked up an [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-XP1000-Universal-Rechargeable-Power/dp/B002K8OQWS"]Energizer XP1000 external cellphone/ipod battery[/ame] at Best Buy for $19.99. It saved my butt a couple of times. It's larger in width and depth than the Seidio 1600, but much thinner. It also requires that you carry a 3" or so USB cable and tip. It's really a bit kludgy. I much prefer just having a real battery to slot in and not have to dangle off an external pack to get a 2/3 charge back.

If you look at it that way, you'll probably be less disappointed.

All that said, I had multiple style external cases (Mophie Juicepacks) for my iPhones, and they're slick, especially the Air models. The Air looks pretty much just like any hard case you'd buy for you phone. Even with those, I actually rarely used the battery packs - you just get used to docking your phone whenever possible (in the office, at home, in the car when driving around. It was really rare for me to ever run out of juice with the iPhones after I got in that habit. The extra batteries were only necessary for day trips or plane flights where a power charger couldn't be used at some point. With that in mind, I never found Apple's non-user-replaceable battery to be a problem. I wouldn't have faulted Google/HTC for taking the same path down the Nexus One.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links