Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; i want to get the 2800 battery,but i need the case that will fit the larger back of the phone!!!i had the larger battery for ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One

i want to get the 2800 battery,but i need the case that will fit the larger back of the phone!!!i had the larger battery for my old g1,but they never made a case to fit it.i hope that doesnt happen with the nexus 1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DistortedLoop View Post
    I received the 1600 and 2800 batteries yesterday. Be forewarned that they arrive with ZERO charge in them, and require an 8 hour charge on first use.

I've started with the 1600 mah battery. That's another 15% battery life over stock in theory, and I can carry the 1400 mah stock in my pocket easy enough for a spare. I'll probably do this rather than bother with the 2800 mah and its replacement back after all.

Why do I think I won't bother with the 2800?

That backing is horrible! With all due respect to previous poster who likes it, it's just hideous. It looks terrible, feels flimsy, and doesn't even fit the phone correctly. Very poor design and workmanship. Maybe I got a "bad one" in the fit department, but it's not a very aesthetic design.

First off, it's black. Why not make it the color of the current back so that it matches the phone? D'oh!

As to the fit, when attached to my phone, there's a very large (1/8" inch?) gap between the back of the phone and the case in the bottom 1/4 of the case. It just looks cheap like that. Aesthetics aside, this is a problem with putting it into your pocket, as the gap acts like jaws and can wedge into your pocket edge or other items in your pocket. This is just bad design.

I've posted a dozen of pics on picassa to illustrate:

Using the 1600 in the phone and carry the 1400 in pocket as a spare will actually give ~7% more battery life, and far less bulk in my pocket than the 2800 back replacement causes. Slightly inconvenient to have to swap battery mid-day if it gets to that, but less inconvenient than a poorly fitting back on the phone catching on things.

I hope Seidio has an easy return policy.
    wow,i dont like the bottom fit,i hope they fix that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by klas View Post
    Dust? Do you realize there are plenty of other holes in the phone where the dust accumulates? Anyway, it's an excellent product and I give it a 5 stars. Thank you Seidio!
    Dust is not an issue perhaps, but the large gap on mine is certainly a lint trap.

Lint and dust, easy to blow out with a puff or two of compressed air, though.

I would have very little gripe with the battery cover they provide IF it fit as snugly on the bottom as it does on the top. It's perfectly fitted in the top 33% or so, the next 33% is gap-ish but acceptable, the bottom 33% just not indicative of a well fitting problem.

I'm waiting for a replacement from Seidio and will of course come back and report results of a second attempt.

Seidio seems very accommodating and I've got no gripes with the company or other products from them.

hey Seidio,when will the phone protective case be available for the the phone with the 2800 mah battery?thanks
    stan

Let us know if the replacement works better

hey Seidio you still around???when will the phone protective case be available for the the phone with the 2800 mah battery?thanks
    stan

got the battery in the other day and sad to say im returning it. Im a merchandiser so i climb ladders alot and this thing is just to fat in my pocket now. I feel like im going to smash it. pretty good product though.

I haven't received the replacement case yet, but I have been using the 2800 battery exclusively for 3 days. I have to say, as much as the large gap in the case irks me, the battery is amazing.

Off charger from 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM, lots of stuff going on on the phone, and still have 49% battery life.

If battery life's your biggest concern and the case doesn't bother you, this battery will be a winner for you.

Google finally selling stock HTC spare batteries for the Nexus One. $25. Nexus One | News and Updates

to be honest I can live with the gap, but what bothers me a bit is there is no protection for camera, it's exposed to dust and everything else. So, I'll keep the battery for times when I am traveling, but for day to day use, OEM is fine.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links