Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by klas to be honest I can live with the gap, but what bothers me a bit is there is no protection for ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Seidio 2800 mah Extended Battery for Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by klas View Post
    to be honest I can live with the gap, but what bothers me a bit is there is no protection for camera, it's exposed to dust and everything else. So, I'll keep the battery for times when I am traveling, but for day to day use, OEM is fine.
    That was always my intent, stock or the 1600mah for every day use, and the 2800 for those days when I just wouldn't be able to get a charge if needed mid-day, but the feeling of unlimited power (LOL) of the 2800 and not fearing running out at all is a bit addictive.

Good point about the camera lens!

Seidio has the roots of a powerful product here, but the extended size battery back needs a little bit of a re-think on the design, style and manufacturing.

Just thought Id give my first thoughts about the 2800mah battery

First of all shipping to the UK was mega quick, it came within 2-3 working days

In my opinion it is a bit bulky and it does bother me a bit but does add a nice bit of weight to it and strangely feels a bit more comfortable

The battery life really does make a difference, have to admit havent used it too heavily, prob 2 hours worth web surfing, loads of emails, approx 2 hours worth of calls and loads of texts + 3g is always on. I last charged it a day and a half ago and amazingly I still have 70% left.

Another + point is that you can still use it with the Google dock as long as you take off the back door, although make sure your vibrate is turned off coz the phone will slip off the dock if your phone rings etc.

Overall battery life is great but looks wise does spoil it somewhat and is quite expensive but a small price to pay if you need the battery to last

Seidio 2800

I have been following this thread and related threads for awhile on battery life.

I ordered my 2800 battery a bit after receiving my N1. Ordered on March 3rd, shipped March 5th and received Mar 11 via cheapest shipping and using coupon code for 10% off.

With the stock N1 battery, I felt as if I needed to be charging most of the day to make sure I didn't have a dead battery when I needed it most.

After the first day of complete charge on 2800, I unplugged my N1 @ 8:30am and streamed Last.Fm for 3 hours during the morning via wifi w/ 3g, sync & GPS on. All day I had 3g, GPS and Sync on all day. I had to force it to drain completely at 9pm (died at 12am) using navigation, full brightness, screen on and streaming music to drain the battery so I could do a full charge cycle.

I am really impressed with build quality, the rubber back is a bit slippery. It is overall a seamless design, though the bottom is not "perfect" it is really nice.

I like that I can use my phone pretty much all day w/o worry of it dying on me. (I work 10-12 hour days outside), and I like that I don't have to toggle GPS, edge and 3g, and sync.

I guess the battery gets better if you do 5 full charges and complete drains for the first couple cycles.

To those that think it looks "ugly", it actually is much nicer than using a "Mophie juice pack" for iPhone, smaller and keeps a lot of the same dimensions. For me, not having to charge throughout the day / change batteries is awesome and invaluable. Most of my friends did not even notice I had extra size to the phone.

Anyways, this is my first post, good to meet you guys. I can't wait for Seidio to come out w/ a case for this setup, but I think I'll be fine w/o it! I will update more!

Probably suspicious that this is my first post, and I am promoting this product... but I don't care, this was the biggest issue for me... also Ghost Armor is very nice for this phone! Makes it a bit grippy and keeps the sensitivity... not like other "preventative" measures... haha. Ghost Armor @ the mall is great, they charge $10 for labor, $20 for mat'ls and they do an awesome job and guarantee it! No bubbles, and they can do custom work. I suggest the one at Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood, WA (I watched the employee throw is Ghost Armored iPhone on a hard surface several times w/o any other casing, and it did not break! I cringed, but it's probably worth it for N1 phones!

Ha. First post and two promo's!

*Edit= Just found out that Seidio is selling the 3200Mah now and not selling the 2800Mah... now I feel ripped off! I didn't know they would have had that one, otherwise I would have waited! I hope it is easy to return through Seidio! I hear they have great customer service! I will let you know what I hear back!

Quote Originally Posted by DistortedLoop View Post
    I received the 1600 and 2800 batteries yesterday. Be forewarned that they arrive with ZERO charge in them, and require an 8 hour charge on first use.

I've started with the 1600 mah battery. That's another 15% battery life over stock in theory, and I can carry the 1400 mah stock in my pocket easy enough for a spare. I'll probably do this rather than bother with the 2800 mah and its replacement back after all.

Why do I think I won't bother with the 2800?

That backing is horrible! With all due respect to previous poster who likes it, it's just hideous. It looks terrible, feels flimsy, and doesn't even fit the phone correctly. Very poor design and workmanship. Maybe I got a "bad one" in the fit department, but it's not a very aesthetic design.

First off, it's black. Why not make it the color of the current back so that it matches the phone? D'oh!

As to the fit, when attached to my phone, there's a very large (1/8" inch?) gap between the back of the phone and the case in the bottom 1/4 of the case. It just looks cheap like that. Aesthetics aside, this is a problem with putting it into your pocket, as the gap acts like jaws and can wedge into your pocket edge or other items in your pocket. This is just bad design.

I've posted a dozen of pics on picassa to illustrate:

Using the 1600 in the phone and carry the 1400 in pocket as a spare will actually give ~7% more battery life, and far less bulk in my pocket than the 2800 back replacement causes. Slightly inconvenient to have to swap battery mid-day if it gets to that, but less inconvenient than a poorly fitting back on the phone catching on things.

I hope Seidio has an easy return policy.
    i agree. the stock and 1600mah batteries are so thin that i can carry it in my wallet without even noticing it as a backup. since i always have my wallet when i am out and not near a charger, i don't even have to think about remembering to grab it.

i just wrap the backup in saran wrap and it goes with me everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by nexus bill View Post
    Another + point is that you can still use it with the Google dock as long as you take off the back door, although make sure your vibrate is turned off coz the phone will slip off the dock if your phone rings etc.
    It doesn't seem to be a + point here.. hehee..

I would take this in a heartbeat if it were a bit cheaper. The standard battery works fine for me except when I hike where GPS chip is on all the time hence draining battery.

I must admit though, N1 battery lasts far longer than HTC Magic did even with faster CPU. It seems that I can use GPS tracking app for about 6-7 hours when it is fully charged. I am impressed.

um.. i just bought the Innocase II.. this battery is not going to fit to that case huh..?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links