Sport Armband Recommendations??

This is a discussion on Sport Armband Recommendations?? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by logger Originally Posted by Mwi First I had to find the headphones as the headphone jack is a 4-connector one instead of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sport Armband Recommendations??

Mwi
    Quote Originally Posted by logger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwi View Post
    First I had to find the headphones as the headphone jack is a 4-connector one instead of the standard 3-connector stereo jack. I guess the 4th connector is for controls and mic.

For the armband, I found the Belkin Dualfit Sport Armband for the iPhone 3GS, and it fits exactly the Nexus One . Even the volume control on its side has separate rubber buttons (see picture)

And then for N1 apps I use the free "My Tracks" Apps, that works great, with detailed map, speed and distance information and statistics.
    Nice review and suggestions there MWI.

Cuppla questions though.

1) Why bother with a 4-connector jack when a standard 3-connector works fine and as you say the Belkin case gives you access to the Volume control in any case?

2) Is the Belkin case water resistant enough to go jogging in the rain?

Has anyone tried using CardioTrainer ?

It looks pretty good. It has a pedometer feature (as well as GPS of course) and I was wondering it anyone has used it. I wonder if the Pedometer will work as well as a Nike+Run BT sensor?
    Yes, on the 4-conector headphone jack, I saw a lot of uncertainty in forums whether the N1 jack also supports standard headphone connectors (which it does). What I miss is the nice buttons on the N1 remote to skip songs, and for that you could buy an extra Belkin remote which you can plug between sports headphones and N1.

The armband is water and sweat resistant, the keyboard is completely protected with the plastic, the sports headphones as well, which was important for me as I run in the Netherlands. Though the armband has 2 openings: a small one at the bottom for the mini USB and one on the top. The top lid covers a bit the top opening. Sufficient for ligth rain, but I would not run with it in heavy rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwi View Post
    It took me a while to get the best fit finding a good armband and sports headphones for jogging and sports with Nexus One.

First I had to find the headphones as the headphone jack is a 4-connector one instead of the standard 3-connector stereo jack. I guess the 4th connector is for controls and mic. I use the Sennheiser MX680 Sports Adidas, and the sound is great Attachment 308. it comes with its own volume control which works. For the Controls you can you buy a separate Belkin plug.

For the armband, I found the Belkin Dualfit Sport Armband for the iPhone 3GS, and it fits exactly the Nexus One Attachment 309. Even the volume control on its side has separate rubber buttons (see picture Attachment 310), the camera comes out (if needed to do sports), and the mini-USB port opening fits. The trackball has special caption in the plastic Attachment 311, but you cannot turn the ball. Touchscreen does work pretty well, the 4 buttons at the bottom of screen you need to press a bit harder, but also works.

And then for N1 apps I use the free "My Tracks" Apps, that works great, with detailed map, speed and distance information and statistics.

Question; What's the part # or belkin item # for that "Belkin Dualfit Sport Armband for the iPhone 3GS" that you use?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JMD83 View Post
    Question; What's the part # or belkin item # for that "Belkin Dualfit Sport Armband for the iPhone 3GS" that you use?

Thanks!
    I have found this item in a web store and the prod# that is displayed is
    [BE F8Z459EA]

I will get it also - I think it's great.

I have an Otter Box that I don't use anymore and a Velcro strap laying around.
    I cut a couple slits in the back for the strap to fit through.
    Works perfect.

I now use the Seido HNX1 which I like much better. Because the Otter Box was a little stretched out, the phone and Seido case fit inside pretty-good.

This is what's referred to as "recycling" gentlemen! Works much better than anything on the market (because, apparently, there's nothing on the market

This is a great and informative thread guys. Thanks a bunch.

My Questions;

1. I run at the track and use a stopwatch app to time my laps. If I use the setup mwi is peaking of, can I actually see what I'm doing?

2. Can I use the Belkin on my forearm with the sennheisers? I've been wanting a setup just like yours. Sennheiser/adidas seems to make the best stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links