FYI: ProClip now has N1 Car dock/w charging

This is a discussion on FYI: ProClip now has N1 Car dock/w charging within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm still waiting for the official one but this may work for some. ProClip Mounting System*-*Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts...

Thread: FYI: ProClip now has N1 Car dock/w charging

FYI: ProClip now has N1 Car dock/w charging

I'm still waiting for the official one but this may work for some.

ProClip Mounting System*-*Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by ChopSui View Post
    I'm still waiting for the official one but this may work for some.

ProClip Mounting System*-*Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts
    Interesting. But too expensive for what it is. The mounts over the AC vent are not good. Interesting though. Some people might like it.

Yes to expensive!! Like $70!!!! for the basic pieces. If you want to charge the phone the price is like $110!! Not exact quotes but close.

I agree. That's too expensive for what it does. =( I'll wait to see what Google cooks up.

No landscape orientation is a dealbreaker.

Eh.

I wouldn't ever attach something to my airvents. Great way to snap the vent grill when trying to remove/change it.

For about 10 bucks, you can get a generic suction mount and a microUSB car charger.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I have a Pro-Clip mount for a GPS in my Subaru. It actually doesn't clip onto the vents themselves. Instead, it has flat prongs that clip into the seams in the dash assembly (in the case of the Subaru).

Unfortunately, the prongs broke off after a couple of years (plastic fatigue due to vibration, I think), so I'm not fond of that kind of mounting mechanism any more.

I'm looking for something for my MX-5/Miata, and I can't use suction (California law), the weighted frictions thing for the dashtop can't handle cornering forces, the cup holder mounts are too low and too far back, and I've never had much luck with the cigarette lighter mounts (wobbly). The Pro-Clip mount for the Miata doesn't use the prongs and the location looks pretty good, so I may have to go with it. I don't see any particular advantage to the pricy charger.

(oh - as I read the description, it DOES rotate into landscape mode).

I got a $5 universal car mount from ebay and a $1.50 USB cord and a $1.50 lighter power to usb adapter from monoprice.com. It works great.

These companies are charging alot of money for what are some very cheap items elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Toff View Post
    I got a $5 universal car mount from ebay and a $1.50 USB cord and a $1.50 lighter power to usb adapter from monoprice.com. It works great.

These companies are charging alot of money for what are some very cheap items elsewhere.
    How does the universal car mount attach to the car?

Looks like I'll be the guinea pig here. I went ahead and ordered this contraption today. I've got a short 3.5mm cord coming out of the back of my stereo for Aux In and I just don't see any other solution besides this one which will allow me to mount my phone right next to my stereo. I used to have velcro on the back of my iPod case which actually worked great but I'm not putting velcro on the back of my Seidio Innocase II. Also, I got the swivel mount so I will be able to put it in landscape mode for GPS. I'll report back after it comes and give a review.
    I know it's really expensive and I'm sure I over paid but if it works out the way I hope it will, I think I'll be happy. If not, I'll just send it back. There is a 15% re-stocking fee plus shipping so It'll cost me about $17 if it doesn't work out.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links