Brief Review of 4 Nexus One Cases

This is a discussion on Brief Review of 4 Nexus One Cases within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I decided to write up some brief reviews of some cases that I've gotten for my Nexus One. I have to say that I'm very ...

Thread: Brief Review of 4 Nexus One Cases

Brief Review of 4 Nexus One Cases

I decided to write up some brief reviews of some cases that I've gotten for my Nexus One. I have to say that I'm very frustrated that a quality case doesn't exist for this phone to date. I haven't tried the Seidio case yet, but it may be in my near future. I would love to see a quality case made by Body Glove, Otterbox, Casemate, etc. I have no problem spending $30 for a case, just as long as it's quality.

Vendor: Fommy
    Description: Amzer Polished White Snap On Crystal Hard Case ($20)
    URL: Amzer Polished White Snap On Crystal Hard Case For HTC - HTC Nexus One - Cases - Fommy.com

REVIEW: I ordered this case on January 19, and didn't receive it in the mail until February 17...almost a month later. The case is not as advertised. The picture shows a cut-out for the trackball, with a covered front - the sole reason I bought it. The front of the case in reality is completely naked. The case looks really nice, but it's garbage. I droped my phone once, from 3 feet. The case flew off of the phone and cracked in 3 places. Would not recommend.

Vendor: Fommy
    Description: Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case ($10)
    URL: Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case - Black For HTC - HTC Nexus One - Cases - Fommy.com

REVIEW: The case was good enough I guess. I like the protection for the front near the trackball. Other then that, it isn't very snug. I would use it in conjunction with a full body skin (like Zagg), but I don't really like the way that it doesn't really hug the phone.

Vendor: Talkie Tech
    Description: Nexus One Rubber Protector Case ($15)
    URL: Nexus One Rubber Protector Case - Orange

REVIEW: This is a snap-on, slightly rubberized hard-case. All in all, I like it. I don't like the fact that there's a square cut-out in the back for a belt clip, but I guess it's good if you where the phone on your belt.

Vendor: Talkie Tech
    Description: Nexus One Thin Plastic Case - Checkers ($10)
    URL: http://www.talkietech.com/google-nex...case-8214.html

REVIEW: This is probably the thinest, lowest profile case you can get right now. It covers the phone well, but I can't help but think that it doesn't offer much shock protection if its dropped. All in all, not a bad case though.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i have ordered the black diamond from ultra-case and still have not received it.......

I ordered the "for Google Nexus One Skin Case/Cover Orange" from techiewarehouse.com 3 weeks ago and still waiting for it.

ordered mine from paws on ebay... same exact case got it 3 days later... perfect fitment.

I ordered and received today a rubberized plastic case from Think mobile Solutions. It looks like the same one as your 1st Talkietech case. It's nice and fits very tight.

After reading the thread about the innocase surface 2 from Seido, I couldn't help myself and bought that also. I really like the thinkmobile case but, I have a feeling I will like the Seido better, it will be interesting comparing the two.

I would recommend the Think-mobile for anyone who doesn't want to pay so much.

Nexus One Rubberized Snap-On Case - Black

I got the Zagg that you stick on in multiple parts.
    A few exposed parts but it emphasises the thin-ness of the N1.
    Also with the Zagg screen protector.

Looks cool but will it keep sticking on?
    Verdict is out

TerD

I got the seidio innocase II and I love it. Thinking about ordering their new snap case and a screen protector.

Google Nexus One Skin Case/Cover

I finally got my case from techiewarehouse.com - only paid $7.99 and love it!

Well, just for the OP's info (in case he wasn't aware just yet) casemate does indeed have about 3 designs for the nexus out now. The tough (which I ordered yesterday - will post a review when received), the gelli, and the vroom (which looks like it may cover the proximity/light sensors on the phone). They all look like solid quality from the pics and vids on the site, so we'll just see I suppose.

https://www.case-mate.com/Google-Cases/Google-Cases.asp

Has anyone found a crystal case for the Nexus that covers the screen too?

A colleague of mine has one for his iPhone and it works really well and doesn't seem to affect the operation of the touch screen at all.

Gear4 Icebox Pro for iPhone 3G and 3GS – iWorld.co.uk

My N1 arrives in a few days and really want to protect it from day one.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links