Otterbox Case

This is a discussion on Otterbox Case within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; looks good. not too bulky. willl wait for a review before i commit tho...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Otterbox Case

looks good. not too bulky. willl wait for a review before i commit tho

I think I found my case! Got an N1 about a month ago, haven't looked for a case until now... Glad I waited! My perfect case would be something like the Speck Candyshell- soft on the inside for impact resistance and hard on the outside. Hard shells by themselves are worthless for anything but scratch prevention, and silicone cases attract dust like crazy.

This is a nice looking case- a lot nicer than the Otterbox Defender I'd looked at getting when I had an iPhone 3GS. Placing an order now.

EDIT: Erm, not placing an order now- can't buy them yet!

i loved the colored otterbox cases for the iphone. If they bring out some colors for the nexus one, i will totally buy one.

These case will actually protect the phone unlike the garbage from incase and seido

I got one! Ordered it the day they notified me they were ready for purchase. Just got the FedEx box, putting the case on now. I'd take a photo, except the only camera I have with me at work is my N1.

I used the following coupon code for 10% off the order plus free FedEx ground shipping:

techbargains6100p

damn i didnt get an email from otterbox saying it was available. can you put up some pics and a quick review when you have time? thanks

As Epl alluded to, hard cases themselves don't protect your phone from much other than scratches on the casing. While not being as beefy as the Otterbox Defender (tried it on an iPhone), it does have enough of a silicone layer to prevent help cracked screens or casing when dropped.

Like any substinative case it adds a bit of size to the phone, but I like it. Withe the case on, my N1 is a tiny bit thicker than a Blackberry Storm. For me, the additional girth makes it quite a bit more comfortable to hold.

It was dead easy to put on- just slip the silicone layer on like you would any other and then pop the hard case on around it. Took me 5 seconds.

One thing that sticks out for me is the built-in port plugs. They're very well fitted, designed, and placed.

This is the first Otterbox case I've owned like this, but so far I'm pleased. It does seem a bit expensive, but compared to the Speck Candyshell for the iPhone the value is just as good- for the extra $5-10 you get a case that won't crack at the seems after 6 months and port plugs for the USB and headphone ports.

The only thing I'm worried about going forward is all of the exposed silicone. Every other silicone case I've used before has attracted dust like crazy, even in low-dust environments. I'm hoping it doesn't get attracted to the case too badly, slipping between the plugs and into the headphone jack and USB ports.

thanks for the review rev. if you have time could you please post some photos? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RevAaron View Post
    I got one! Ordered it the day they notified me they were ready for purchase. Just got the FedEx box, putting the case on now. I'd take a photo, except the only camera I have with me at work is my N1.

I used the following coupon code for 10% off the order plus free FedEx ground shipping:

techbargains6100p
    you're the freak'n maannn dude!! Just ordered mine now!! $31.45 SHIPPED! W000!!!!!

what's the verdict?
    is this better than the innocase II?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links