Otterbox Case

This is a discussion on Otterbox Case within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just ordered Commuter case for N1. Got it for 24 USD on ebay. eBay (item 350362524148) I am enjoying the N1. Glad I shifted from ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Otterbox Case

Just ordered Commuter case for N1. Got it for 24 USD on ebay.

eBay (item 350362524148)

I am enjoying the N1. Glad I shifted from N900/N97 to N1 and I don't think I'll be going back to Nokia anytime soon.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kanjinfo View Post
    the price point for both cases is pretty high.. i presume it's due to the name recognition of the otterbox brand. but hey, what's $35 to protect $530+?

As i indicated in response to my other thread, the commuter doesn't have a waffle design for the inner, rubber case. not sure how much of a difference this makes on impacts because it is only on the back (ie. this waffle design doesn't enhance protection if impact is face down or on he sides or corners)

i would take note of the above comment about the rubber possibly stretching over time.. if you put an all rubber case in your pocket, the friction from taking it out/putting it in may accelerate the stretching (this is just my speculation tho)... if you plan on carrying it a purse or something, i don't think this would be an issue.

as for the commuter case, it's extra cost and the function of the two piece design:

cost - it's higher because of the additional material and design

design - rubber gives impact absorption; hard shell protects from scratches and probably piercing (on the back)

side notes:

i carry my n1 with the commuter case in a nite ize carrying case, but if you were to carry the cased phone in your pocket, the shell makes it easier to put in and take out, as it causes less friction than rubber alone (less lint is attracted to it as well)..

ALSO! not sure if the pure rubber case has this feature, but I've noticed that with the commuter case, if you place the phone face down on a flat surface (ie. table), the trackball DOES NOT make contact, which i think is either a very good, or very lucky design feature.
    neither price concerned me as being too much. but the impact seemed better for my situation (butter fingers lol) from what i can see of the picture the coring seems to go around to the sides, i didn't bother to ask them if that was in fact the case, but i ended up ordering it anyway. i don't really think the hard plastic around it helps anything at all but the extra drop protection is just what I'm after.

from what i can see of both pics, both cases have the raised front edge keeping the screen a bit safer from drops and the trackball off the table.

Sadly the Aussie otterbox site didn't have the nexus cases, which is not surprising since we haven't officially got the nexus here either. So i had to order from the US site. hope it doesn't take too long to arrive!

Wow my phone does everything .. except play WoW
    _____
    |derp |
    ŻŻŻŻ\|
    ------+----(thaddius)++++++++++

ordered the commuter off eBay for $27 =]

Quote Originally Posted by resplendent2209 View Post
    Just ordered Commuter case for N1. Got it for 24 USD on ebay.

eBay (item 350362524148)

I am enjoying the N1. Glad I shifted from N900/N97 to N1 and I don't think I'll be going back to Nokia anytime soon.
    Thanks

I ordered one from them too, paid $30 inc P&P which is £19.95 in my money. It took 3 days from USA to UK so i would highly recommend the seller. Its a brilliant cover as well.

From the Otterbox site, the same cover would have cost me $79.95 inc P&P...

Enjoy!

I am loving the case too.

Yeah, thanks for bringing that seller to my attention

Just got it in the mail today! Commuter case is great. I'll do a writeup after a day of use.

so those of you that have commuter case, how is the silicon holding up on the top and bottom? is there any sagging and does it get caught when putting it in your pocket or taking it out?

Quote Originally Posted by raccord View Post
    so those of you that have commuter case, how is the silicon holding up on the top and bottom? is there any sagging and does it get caught when putting it in your pocket or taking it out?
    holding up well for me. perfect placement of holes for the LED and the sensor. feels real solid with the plastic cover on. only thing i was worried about were the plugs for the earpiece and the usb plug but they seem to be holding up well too. even after taking it on and off more than 50 times from daily use they still fit with the whole silicone body really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    Anything with an i in the front of it from Apple is not for me.

They have a good deal for the Commuter in Amazon, right now for just 19.99! I E-mailed Otterbox to see if they were making a Defender series case for the Nexus One, and they said it was something requested a lot, and told me to check in the future. Since I think the defender series is the best, even if it adds bulk!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links