Review: Case-Mate Tough Case

This is a discussion on Review: Case-Mate Tough Case within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I got my case-mate tough case in the mail on Wednesday. Pretty good, considering I placed my order Monday afternoon. I am extremely happy with ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Review: Case-Mate Tough Case

Review: Case-Mate Tough Case

I got my case-mate tough case in the mail on Wednesday. Pretty good, considering I placed my order Monday afternoon.

I am extremely happy with the case so far. There is a silicone section that goes on first, and a plastic section that 'clips' on over it. It's a perfect fit, and very high quality.

One of the great things about this case is that you can put a Zagg or BSE on at the same time, due to the nature of the design with the plastic part 'clipping' on over the silicone.

Pictures coming in the next hour...

Note: As you can see by looking at the volume button, it has a cut-out through the hard plastic for the buttons, but it's still covered by the silicone on the first layer - similar to Otterbox.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I ordered one yesterday and mine is on track to be here tomorrow. I am glad to see it is a good case because I used the hybrid SwitchEasy case on my iPhone and it was the only one I ever kept on my phone. I like having a case that removes the fear of dropping the phone

I ordered a gelli-case on tuesday and the followeing day i received a tracking number so... so far i like how this company sends u a response unlike cheapnexusone.com. i called them to cancel my order because the case that i ordered was on backorder and the lady says that my products have been shipped. she said i can decline the package so i can get a refund. since i work during the day there's no way i can decline the package so next thing i know i get this package inside my mailbox and they only sent the screen protector. sucks how this company doesn't keep in contact with u on ur order status. such a shame. i will never buy from this company again!!! anywho... can't wait to get my gelli-case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How thick would you say this case is? Ie would it be as thick as the N1 in the case that came with it?

Does the plastic part of the tough case cover the edges of the phone???or is it just the rubber covering those areas...

Quote Originally Posted by krazichinaman View Post
    How thick would you say this case is? Ie would it be as thick as the N1 in the case that came with it?
    Hmm...sort of hard to tell you how thick it is. I guess I would call it moderately thick. I couldn't tell that much of a difference personally. I would say just about as bulky compared to storing it in the neoprene sleeve that it came with. I'm sort of picky with that sort of stuff, and I love the case.

Quote Originally Posted by bmf5150 View Post
    Does the plastic part of the tough case cover the edges of the phone???or is it just the rubber covering those areas...
    The plastic part 'clips' on and is held on with a little bit of tension. It sort of comes up half way upthe edges, but the very edge is silicone.

If you look closely at the front edges of the 2nd picture (front of phone) you can just barely make out the line where the hard plastic ends and silicone starts.

Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krazichinaman View Post
    Hmm...sort of hard to tell you how thick it is. I guess I would call it moderately thick. I couldn't tell that much of a difference personally. I would say just about as bulky compared to storing it in the neoprene sleeve that it came with. I'm sort of picky with that sort of stuff, and I love the case.
    Thats exactly what I'm looking for ! I had ordered the case on Monday and it arrived at my house yesterday. I will be able to finally put it on later tonight when I get back home.

YXB
    You get great protection if you drop the phone, but here's one of the reasons why I don't like this case without a holster. The Seidio innocase II / holster combo to me is a better choice.

According to HTC's technical support, "they don't go in pockets,"

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39...0.htm?s_cid=96
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I got the case and the fit is awesome. The pics above pretty much show it all. As wildrage stated, the N1 with the tough case, is as bulky as the N1 inside the neoprene case.

I actually welcome the added bulkiness as I came from the G1 with the hard clear shell you can purchase from the t-mobile store. To me, the phone fits better in my hands.

As far as feel goes, as it was stated earlier, the silicone inner shell can pick up lint. The hard outer ABS shell has a texture much like the plastic on a dashboard. It isn't slippery, however its not SUPER grippy. I have not tried out the screen protector because I installed the invisible shield screen protector. I can say that they will work very well together.

Overall I am very pleased with the case and I highly recommend it to anyone. After all, we did spend $530 for the phone, what is an additional 30$ on a case?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links