Case-Mate Nexus one Vroom

This is a discussion on Case-Mate Nexus one Vroom within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I was just wondering if everyone has actually bought this? Case-Mate Google Nexus One Vroom (Case-Mate CM010860), Google Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories Is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Case-Mate Nexus one Vroom

Case-Mate Nexus one Vroom

Hi,

I was just wondering if everyone has actually bought this?

Case-Mate Google Nexus One Vroom (Case-Mate CM010860), Google Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories

Is it just me or does the case cover the area at the top where the sensor and the charging/battery indicator are?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow, that's pretty cool. It's made from actual rubber though (they say that in the video)? Is that better than traditional silicone covers?

I like how there's openings for the bottom charging sensors and it comes with a screen protector too.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

this case came in the mail today and i am literally just checking it out now. fits great and IT DOES cover the sensor and the LED but it doesn't bother me that much. I'm just worried the screen doesn't auto dim if I am talking on the phone for a while and it would waste my battery. I like the feel of the rubber a little better than the silicone cases. It gives the phone a good grip better than no case at all. the back has a very masculine design with the tire thread and I like the separate holes for the camera and the LED flash. the screen protector was BENT! I probably did it though when I was opening the package but I don't want to see the bend on the screen if I were to install so I just threw it away. the screen protector DOES NOT have a notch for the sensor. overall I am pretty happy with the case and I'll be rotating it with the other cases I got for my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bud760 View Post
    this case came in the mail today.
    This is a pretty nice looking case, just a couple of quick questions. It kind of looks like a lint magnet, how is the texture of the case?

Also, any chance this fits into the n1's original sleeve?

Quote Originally Posted by bud760 View Post
    this case came in the mail today and i am literally just checking it out now. fits great and IT DOES cover the sensor and the LED but it doesn't bother me that much. I'm just worried the screen doesn't auto dim if I am talking on the phone for a while and it would waste my battery. I like the feel of the rubber a little better than the silicone cases. It gives the phone a good grip better than no case at all. the back has a very masculine design with the tire thread and I like the separate holes for the camera and the LED flash. the screen protector was BENT! I probably did it though when I was opening the package but I don't want to see the bend on the screen if I were to install so I just threw it away. the screen protector DOES NOT have a notch for the sensor. overall I am pretty happy with the case and I'll be rotating it with the other cases I got for my phone.
    hey i would like to get this case but what i don't like about rubber cases is that when i put the phone in my pocket and try to get it out is just a mess because of the material that sticks to the the fabric, does this happen why this real rubber case??

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cadred View Post
    This is a pretty nice looking case, just a couple of quick questions. It kind of looks like a lint magnet, how is the texture of the case?
    Also, any chance this fits into the n1's original sleeve?
    feels like the handle of a baseball or tennis racket. it is a tight fit on the n1's original sleeve. i wouldn't recommend it, it's just a hassle getting it out and putting it back it when you could be playing with your phone the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_VZLA View Post
    hey i would like to get this case but what i don't like about rubber cases is that when i put the phone in my pocket and try to get it out is just a mess because of the material that sticks to the the fabric, does this happen why this real rubber case??
    Thanks!
    i wouldn't say it's a lint magnet. the first day fresh out the box it had a lot of lint on it but after playing with it and absorbing some grime and body oil not as much. if you guys are really worried about lint i would suggest getting the gelli or tough case. i have the gelli one too and that is A LOT slimmer on the N1. i just double checked the website and it says it is made of Impact resistant silicone but it is a little bit slimmer that the other silicone cases.

I was tweeting with case-mate a few days ago regarding the Vroom covering the light/proximity sensors and charge LED and was told that they're talking to their development team about it. As a car guy, I really wanted the Vroom, but I may end up getting the Gelli instead because of the sensor issue. I just really dislike that geometric design they build into the back of the Gelli.

WOW. It really does cover the sensor. So does that mean you have to turn off the sensor to use the case?

:|
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I went ahead and ordered the Gelli today for my N1. It's not as nice as the Vroom, but it's thinner and doesn't cover the sensors. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Z06Boricua View Post
    I went ahead and ordered the Gelli today for my N1. It's not as nice as the Vroom, but it's thinner and doesn't cover the sensors. Oh well.
    I'm using the Gelli now. I like it a lot actually.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links